Short Throw projector

Bro, does your rig even lift?
daxx
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Short Throw projector

Post by daxx »

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a short throw projector. Anyone can recommend one/uses one? Budget is around 600-700 euro.

I don't know anything about these projectors/I've barely used one so I'm looking for all the info I can get

I'd like to have a short throw projector so i can use it with my band on stage, since most of the time there isn't a lot of space on stage.

tnx!

massta

Re: Short Throw projector

Post by massta »

I've looked into short-throw projectors and this site is the best for figuring out what you might need:
http://www.projectorcentral.com/home.cfm
You can do an advanced search on short-throw.

Good luck.
~S

dRead
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by dRead »

I've had good luck with BenQ short throws, put up close to 20 this year. The image is actually square on all the edges(no barreling or pincushion effect), did a 9 projector edge to edge install with MP776's, was way more painless than expected.

digital:snot

Post by digital:snot »

we bought 2 Hitachi CP-A200 for a tour next year. it is a mind trip to set a projector up 2 feet from the wall, and have it cast a bright 8foot tall image.

downsides are the resolution (which won't matter to much from 20feet away) and it needs to be a 90degree angle from your projection surface....it gets quirky if you try to tilt it to aim it specifically up or down.

the bottom of the projected image sits a good 15inches above the projector so it would be impossible to aim it right on the floor-edge of the wall.

the only good way to move the image up or down is raise or lower the whole unit.

also, this projector is HUGE... like a medium size suitcase

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Hitachi ... review.htm