KORG Nano KONTROL and Avenue

Bro, does your rig even lift?
anle
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

KORG Nano KONTROL and Avenue

Post by anle »

Got myself one of those - great portable controller that for me personally has a satisfying amount of keys, knobs and buttons!
Only one problem :!: - when assigning buttons to the switch controls in Resolume Avenue (controls like, layer solo/bypass or effect bypass) the buttons dont stick - as in, in order to bypass a layer or effect I have to hold the button all the time on the controller!
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to fix this problem ?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: KORG Nano KONTROL and Avenue

Post by Joris »

Well, it's not really a problem or bug, because by default the buttons on your NanoKontrol are set to 'momentary', so Resolume is just doing what it's told. It's possible to have the behaviour you want though. You have to download the NanoKontrol editor app from the Korg website (http://www.korg.co.uk/products/software ... c_nano.asp) and then change the 'button behaviour' for the buttons to 'toggle'
korg nano editor
korg nano editor
Picture 4.png (24.47 KiB) Viewed 16182 times
Hope that helps...

Joris

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

As a side note, I think the buttons in scene 4 are set to toggle by default. I could be mistaken though, because I've mucked about with mine quite a bit ;)

thedevo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by thedevo »

My Nano Kontrol turns off and stops functioning right after I start Resolume 3.
Does anyone else have this same problem? It's really annoying. I just bought my kontrol, and I've used someone else's before but that did not do anything like this.

Please help?

(I didn't get any CDs with the device.. apparently it installs its drivers on its own..?..I don't know.)

Joris

Post by Joris »

thedevo wrote:My Nano Kontrol turns off and stops functioning right after I start Resolume 3.
In the Midi tab of the Preferences, make sure you are receiving midi input from the Korg Nano, by checking the appropriate box. If that doesn't help, can you confirm that the Nano completely stops functioning, or if the issue is only with Resolume? You can use a program like MidiOx to check the incoming midi data.

Joris

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by Basic »

goto10 wrote:Well, it's not really a problem or bug, because by default the buttons on your NanoKontrol are set to 'momentary', so Resolume is just doing what it's told. It's possible to have the behaviour you want though. You have to download the NanoKontrol editor app from the Korg website (http://www.korg.co.uk/products/software ... c_nano.asp) and then change the 'button behaviour' for the buttons to 'toggle'
Picture 4.png
Hope that helps...

Joris
Just out of interest and asking a very basic question, what does the editor do? Does it change actual settings on the controller or just how your computer interpertates the midi signal in? i find midi confusing. Thanks

Joris

Post by Joris »

what does the editor do? Does it change actual settings on the controller or just how your computer interpertates the midi signal in?
Well, I'm not too sure myself on that one, but the changes are carried over between different computers. So I'm guessing there is a tiny processor in the Nano that you program with the editor app. It's amazing what they can make for 60 euros ;-)

Joris

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by Basic »

hehe thanks joris! i did download it last night but will have a proper sit down and look tonight. i just want to know it inside and out! :)

jjames
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by jjames »

Hi,
The software will write to the Nano KONTROL. You can save the file to your hard drive as well. I store my Nano profiles on my online drive so I can have any of the profiles on any computer. As without fail it will always have the wrong one on it when I go to use it. I have been using them for lighting control and Ableton control. Now I am adding Resolume control to the thing it will always be getting changed.

Well worth the money.
Jason