Mask Problems

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
manoeuvre
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Mask Problems

Post by manoeuvre »

Hi there,

I'm having some problems with masks on a per clip basis.

I have 2 png files one red one blue, different mask per clip (grayscale .png same size as clip). When I launch the red clip it plays fine, displays the clip with the appropriate mask. When I launch the Blue it will continue to play the mask from the red clip.

Seems to happen when using the solid source too.

Resolume 3.3.1
Macbook Pro

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Mask Problems

Post by Joris »

Hey

From this description, it sounds like the mask is applied on the layer properties, instead of the clip properties. Could this be the case?

Joris

manoeuvre

Post by manoeuvre »

No, definitely on the clip. Fresh scene two clips, two masks. no mask on layer or composition.
Attachments
M1.JPG
M1.JPG (118.97 KiB) Viewed 12170 times

manoeuvre

Post by manoeuvre »

2nd
Attachments
M2.JPG
M2.JPG (110.82 KiB) Viewed 12170 times

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

That's definitely some weird stuff going on by the looks of it. Could you send us the masks?

Christoph
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Christoph »

i had the same problems with .png masks, i put some masks on clips and first everything ran fine, but then resolume started to play clips with wrong masks. i checked three times if everything is applied right, it's really weird... at the moment i don't use masks at clips, just at layers because that works fine.

Joris

Post by Joris »

Yup. We were able to recreate this 100% and we're working on it. Strange business indeed.

ridiculoid

Post by ridiculoid »

Ooooh this is an annoying one! Have just upgraded to 3.3.1 and now experiencing a similar bug.

I get different results depending on which layer I send a clip with a .png mask:

1. the mask displays as intended
2. the mask scales to twice the size
3. the mask doesn't display at all

No masks at the layer or composition level, only on the clip.

ridiculoid

Post by ridiculoid »

On further investigation, many of my clips with .png masks don't appear in the output window(s) until I delete the mask. When I trigger a clip with mask attached, the clip preview displays in the layer preview window, just nothing happens. Deleting and / or re-applying the mask sometimes allows copies of the clip with a mask still applied to trigger normally, though the clips eventually fail to trigger again.

I've just tried the same composition in 3.2.0 and all masks work as expected.

Joris

Post by Joris »

Hey Ridiculoid

Could you provide some content, and steps to recreate the bugs you're experiencing?

Joris