Pixel Aspects driving me crazy

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Pixel Aspects driving me crazy

Post by pfelberg »

Hello,
I finally finished migration from an old PC and Resolume 2.4 to a MacBook Pro and Avenue. ; ) Hey!!!
I produced new sets of contents, all DXV square pixels for single, dual and triple (TH2G) projections. I am all set to go and guessed I´d never had this problem again:
I have a simple performance tomorrow. One single projector. A couple of wide LCD displays as well. I was thinking of loading my current 640x480 or 800x600 main composition.
Then I realize... all display devices are set to wide and there´s nothing really I can do about it. I cannot order the aspect change!
I need to match screen sizes and still avoid image distortions (a lot of people photographs will be on).
I though that anamorphically distorting composition width to its 70% size would fix it, but actually not. As told as Joris, I got black borders on sides.
I can get rid of it by zooming in, but there will be loss of important image data.
Now I need to find a solution to easily fit a 640x480 square composition to wide display devices and projections.
I am already a little dizzy about thinking this over and things are no longer clear to me anymore.
If there is a need to generate new content in a new format, what square pixel format would match a wide screen display?
thanks a lot,

Paulo

deepvisual
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Pixel Aspects driving me crazy

Post by deepvisual »

its 75% not 70%
or try 1024 x 576

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Pixel Aspects driving me crazy

Post by pfelberg »

I am sometimes making confusion between display aspects (4:3 and 16:9) and pixel aspects (1.2121,1.0, 0.9).
Late FUL HD display devices have 16:9 image aspect and they are squared pixel.
Assuming this, I can generate some wide content 16:9 aspect with a 960x540 1.0 pixel aspect resolution. I guess I will get rid of distortions and get a correct full wide screen, right?

Course I am not on PAL.

tks

Paulo