Flash 10.1 Problems

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
Kirk
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Flash 10.1 Problems

Post by Kirk »

uninstalling current version and installing older versions (9 or 10) doesn't work for me. so does anybody got a solution to play flash content again?

random

Post by random »

I had the same problem when I upgraded the flash player. Fortunately I quickly discovered the problem and solve it by simply doing a system restore. The key is to find out in time to use this basic but effective solution. Otherwise, I suggest you uninstall the updated version and try plash player with previous versions, including version 8

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

Take a look that you can see youtube videos in firefox, opera, etc... but the flash clips won't work in resolume until you install the active X version. I mean, you need to install the IE flash player plugin to make it work over Win7.

pro.sec

Post by pro.sec »

The flash clips won't work in resolume until you install the active X version. I mean, you need to install the IE flash player plugin to make it work over Win7.
Yes - I`ve done this and now it's working with the actual flash Plugin 10.x and Win7 - 64 bit. :D :D :D
realtimespacelab - the lab for realtime audio and video manipulation, sound synthesis and media programming

Tino

Post by Tino »

pro.sec wrote:
The flash clips won't work in resolume until you install the active X version. I mean, you need to install the IE flash player plugin to make it work over Win7.
Yes - I`ve done this and now it's working with the actual flash Plugin 10.x and Win7 - 64 bit. :D :D :D
Confirmed! :D

damstraversaz
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by damstraversaz »

interesting. How to install the IE flash player plugin if your computer does not have a internet connection ?

Damien
digital arts:
http://www.damientraversaz.com/#!art-numerique/c1s43
music for dance, documentary and digital arts:
http://www.damientraversaz.com/

random

How I solved this problem? A simple guide to how to do it

Post by random »

Apparently versions of flash player higher than 10 producen this problem. Then I did this.

1) uninstall the version of flash player (whatever be instaled) but the trick is make this with the uninstaller of flash, not from panel of control/install and uninstall program.
2) restart the pc
3) install versions not higher than 10 (in my particular case i used the version "10r42_34" and its worked really fine because it isnt so old, and its let me see videos on youtube for example)
4) run resolume and start to vjing with swf files.

here I let you the link where you can find this versions of flash player. Remeber, use a version not more higher than 10.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by pfelberg »

I had some Flash 10 problems running other vj complement softwares as well. It is not an Avenue issue.
The problem was happening only when FULL SCREEN was on. Well, I guess Avenue uses flash fullscreen attributes as well, right?
The solution to this, specially on XP, was to disable hardware acceleration on flash player settings.
Course, downgrading flash version works as well.

movebandit
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by movebandit »

Got the same Problem. Downgrading the Flash Player didnt work for me. How do I deactivate the Hardware acceleration ?

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by pfelberg »

Sorry the delay. I´ve been away for a while.
Hardware Acceleration is a simple checkbox inside flash config.
Open any swf file. Right click over the flash player window. Select settings. First tab has the checkbox on it.