import 3d models

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
rama1
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

import 3d models

Post by rama1 »

it would be awsome to be able to import 3d models & scenes into resolume ave & manipulate with effects & move to sound reactivity could produce some wicked results plz make this a feature in the near future ;)

also this would open up loads of oportunitys for new effects like effects that can make models legs move, arms move, headbop, jump,dance, also change texture add video to texture, binary code as texture also wireframe city
scenes binary code citys loads of awsome stuff 3d is the future & would be a great addition to resolume ave making a realy powerful software even more powerful ;)

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: import 3d models

Post by Basic »

Love this idea, you seen the new video co pilot plugin elements?

+1 from me!

(the element plugin works via processing all on opengl ;))

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

Big + from me too... for 3DS & .X standard model types

Greets!
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

rama1

Post by rama1 »

hiya i had a look at co-pilots elements plugin looks awsome & when it comes out in late august early sept im gonna buy it "£150 "for adobe after effects brings 2.5d into 3d capabilitys resolume with a plugin like this or if it was implemented into next up date would be awsome & the things that would be achievable would truly be spectacular :lol:
Last edited by rama1 on Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:47, edited 1 time in total.

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

having used a 3ds loader in avenue ( apart form it being buggy ) i didnt find any real benefit over using pre-rendered video which can be of much higher resolution.

id rather have good resolution than making something move in realtime - for me the end result is more important ( ie: the image ) than how i get there.

rama1

Post by rama1 »

what 3ds importer did you use? ive got a realy fast computer that will play 3d content in real time without any laggin & have 3d models in high defonition just like the high defonition of 3d models in xnth also the 3d scenes look awsome plz can you share this 3ds importer if its buggy i can look into the code & sort out any buggy ness & optimise it to work well with resolume :D

rama1

Post by rama1 »

looks like this aint gonna be a feature anytime soon looks like im gonna have to move onto xnth for importing 3d models that ive made in c4d r13 :roll:

jbarro
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by jbarro »

I think right now the best way to manipulate 3d in resolume is with Quartz Composer with the Kineme 3d plugin.
Yo can create simple 3d shapes and publicate buttons from QZ to Resolume. It's a little bit complex but it worth it.

dachhu
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by dachhu »

I've created a quartz 3d scene patch with 4 models from file path input.
move and scale each object individually on all axis. move whole scene on xyz axis.

Lighting with position on whole scene.
whole scene rotation

Syphon texture mapping to each object.(possible to use syphon ffgl on other layers as sources or other syphon enabled applications)
Syphon Plugins required for quartz composer and Resolume (http://syphon.v002.info/)

Created with V002 Model Loader (plugin required http://v002.info/?page_id=44) so just about any mesh format goes.(google sketch up...3d warehouse or create own models(ooh video mapping possibilities!!)...export collada .dae)
and pre-animated models.

toggle buttons for models
res3dscene.qtz.zip
(27.1 KiB) Downloaded 1236 times
res3dscene.png
res3dscene.png (249.21 KiB) Viewed 19829 times
feel free to hack away at the composition, thats what it's all about.

Big Up Vade

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Nice! Thanks for sharing, that's what it's all about ;-)