Introducing Resolume 4 Avenue & Arena

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
bart
Team Resolume

Introducing Resolume 4 Avenue & Arena

Post by bart »

ScreenShot_Resolume_Avenue_4_small.png
ScreenShot_Resolume_Avenue_4_small.png (188.86 KiB) Viewed 32364 times
We're dead excited to finally show you all about Resolume 4! We had to bite our tongue for so long we can hardly speak anymore. We think it's our best release ever and we're pretty sure you'll love it too ;-)

Resolume 4 has so many new features but keeps the same workflow so you'll feel right at home. It has all the features you have requested like Auto Pilot, MIDI & OSC output, Video Mapping & Clip Reconnect. But also Global Speed & Direction, Clip Transitions, Effect Clips, SMPTE timecode input, Soft Edge and more flexible compositing. And on top if that we have made everything faster, deck switching, rendering engine & GUI so it absolutely flies!

Checkout all the details & screenshots on the Resolume 4 What's New page.

Resolume Arena 4 Media Server
Resolume 4 comes in 2 editions. Avenue is the VJ software you know and love with all these new features. Arena has all the features of Avenue plus features you'd expect from a media server, soft edging, screen warping, DMX input and SMPTE timecode input.

Pricing
The price of Avenue 4 will be the same as Avenue 3, 299 Euro. Resolume Arena 4 will be priced 699 Euro but is now presale available for just 499 Euro.

Upgrades
Upgrade from any Resolume version to Resolume Avenue 4 for 1 computer 4 is just 119 Euro. An upgrade from Avenue 3 to Arena 4 media server is a great deal, only 319 Euro.

Grace Period
If you bought Resolume in August then please contact us and we'll also let you benefit from this deal.

Beta on September 19
A beta version of Resolume 4 will be available for all Resolume owners on Monday, September 19. Do you not own a license yet? Now is a great time to buy Resolume Avenue 4 because you get an additional Avenue 3 license for free. Or an even better is deal is to buy Arena 4 now, you receive Avenue 3 right away and pay only 499 euro instead of 699 when it's released. Available in the shop.

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Re: Introducing Resolume 4 Avenue & Arena

Post by cosmowe »

:cry: there is nothing special! :cry:
JOKE..GODDAMMIT! :o :P :twisted: :D - A much cooler product then before!!!!
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

Tschoepler
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Tschoepler »

MUUUUUAAAAAHHHHWWWWSOME!
████▀ ▄█ tschoepler.net █████ zweifarbton.net █▄ ▀████

GuruMeditation
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by GuruMeditation »

Sounds great !
I simply hope that avenue 4 will come in a stable version in the first version !
I was a little bored because I paid avenue 3 when it was released and it only went stable from 3.3.1 version. So there was just a minor update to 3.3.2 and then avenue 4 was anounced :-/

GuruMeditation

Post by GuruMeditation »

Something new with the render engine ?
Is avenue 4 will allow to play multiple format ? (h264, mpeg2/4, etc...) ?

SystemD

Post by SystemD »

bart wrote:Upgrades
Upgrade from any Resolume version to Resolume Avenue 4 for 1 computer 4 is just 119 Euro. An upgrade from Avenue 3 to Arena 4 media server is a great deal, only 319 Euro.
Is it possible to upgrade from Resolume 2 to Resolume 4 directly, because i've two licenses (Resolume 2 and Resolume 3)
Last edited by SystemD on Thu Sep 01, 2011 19:38, edited 1 time in total.

basvcds
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by basvcds »

It looks very good guys, but i must say i am a it disappointed these features couldnt become available as updates in resolume 3. I have a 2 laptop setup using 3.3.2 and 2.4, still relying on some features in 2.4 that i just could not do with 3, mainly autopilot/chaosmode and quickly changing speed/direction/ectect. I've used v3 since it came out, but never got the hang of it, mainly missing features you added in v4, of which i feel they could have been needed in v3 updates. Could you eleborate on why moving up to the next version?

GuruMeditation

Post by GuruMeditation »

basvcds wrote:quickly changing speed/direction
Don't understand, this works in a very simple way in avenue3 ! o_O
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (3.2 KiB) Viewed 32340 times

mzo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by mzo »

Important question on my decision to upgrade or not. I need OSC output so I can use an iPad away from the laptop and still be able to know which clips are which before triggering.

Can Resolume 4 output clip names over OSC?

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

previously, there was a mention of something that might decrease the amount of screen tearing ( not sure what it was, maybe a fixed fps to avoid avenue output loosing sync with the graphics card? ) has it made it through to avenue 4?