Introducing Resolume 4 Avenue & Arena

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
Tecno`
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: MSEX

Post by Tecno` »

goto10 wrote:
test12 wrote:Will MSEX be implemented on Arena for preview and clip thumbs on lighting consoles
We're really keen on having this as a feature, along with DMX output. This is something for the long term though, and probably won't be part of the 4.x.x series of Arena.
MSEX would be really great and would be the thing that would get you the Arkaos market as Resolume is a superior product in all other aspects (in my opinion...)
We have a Avolites Pearl Expert lighting desk and the recent updates to that allow for keystone / zoom etc to be completely manipulated by their touch wing interface. If I could see the thumbnails on the desk it would be perfect.

http://www.avolites.com/products/expert_touchwing.htm

Tim

Tecno`

Re: Introducing Resolume 4 Avenue & Arena

Post by Tecno` »

mfo wrote:Reading about the support of the Black magic dives (what is great btw.) - any support for the Matrox MXO mini on windows (win7, 64bit) in Res4? As far as I remember it was a subject of your research / work..
I have used the MX02 mini on Windows 7 and it worked fine.
I had to do a work around to get the MX02 to work with XP but when I installed it on a clean 7 install it worked straight away with the standard Matrox drivers.

Tim

mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mfo »

That's what I call good news. Thanks, Tecno!

Tecno`

Post by Tecno` »

Some pictures using the v.4 alpha for a three day event.

We were projecting onto this slightly curved screen about (16M wide x 3M high) from two projectors and overlaying text from another laptop via a Matrox MX02 mini to capture the HDMI source.

Composition was 2048x768 and we made good use of the new output warping functions.

Tim
1panoramic.jpg
1panoramic.jpg (38.63 KiB) Viewed 11907 times
1RAW1.jpg
1RAW1.jpg (31.73 KiB) Viewed 11906 times
1RAW2.jpg
1RAW2.jpg (37.37 KiB) Viewed 11906 times

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

mfo wrote:That's what I call good news.
I might have more good news for you, Mfo. Turns out you *can* replace a clip while maintaining the properties and effects applied to it in the new release. I'm sorry about getting it wrong and disappointing you earlier, there are so many changes, I kind of lost track myself ;-)

visions
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by visions »

First of all, thanks for the new features, it looks very promising!
Some guy said something abount slow deck switching, but he was ignored. When I switch from one deck to another it takes some seconds to load, while framerate drops to 5-10 fps. I hoped that R4 would have a workaraund for this, but it seems that it stills remains the same problem. I understand that it is not an easy solution. I recently saw a friend using modul8 and each clip has an indicator of preload state. Preload is slower, but you can see all the thumbnails (that is the important part when you switch decks looking for a clip), and there is no notable framerate drop on output. I know there isn't a bug or a problem, clips must be preloaded in order to play, but it is a pain in the ass switching when you have a lot of decks with a lot of short clips inside of them. Hope R4 (or a subsequent version) have some workaround for this. Thank you.

ronambonfim

Post by ronambonfim »

I was very anxious for this release... Thanks all the RESOLUME team, I now start couting the coins in the pocket for a opportunity to buy it... let´s see.... euro / almost 3 times our local currency...
:mrgreen:

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

visions wrote:Some guy said something abount slow deck switching, but he was ignored. When I switch from one deck to another it takes some seconds to load, while framerate drops to 5-10 fps. I hoped that R4 would have a workaraund for this, but it seems that it stills remains the same problem.
Hi Visions,
We actually worked quite hard on the deck switching speed, so i can promise we made some improvements on this. I didn't realize that we ignored someone, but i think we mentioned quite a couple times on the forum we were working on this.

vjkatza

Post by vjkatza »

Looks like a good time 4 me 2 dump my old VJ software and get along with Resolume.
1 question I have: will Datapath capture card be supported?

rvr
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by rvr »

I use GrandVJ on a high end PC, not for VJ purposes, but for playing back HD loops and layering HD elements
over those loops. We have a 32x9 wall which is about 45 feet wide.

I work at a large Broadcast TV studio in the US and we love GVJ as an alternative to traditional broadcast playback devices because we like its interactive-playback capabilities and we playback megasize uncompressed quicktime.mov loops (no harddrives in this pc, only ssds and ocz revodrive).

What all users are craving for are the clip-playback capabilities announced in Resolume-4.

Being able to stop at last frame, advance to another clip when done, and single layer transitions are exactly
what the broadcast community requires if such apps as Resolume-4 are to be adopted.

I almost feel that marketing an app like Resolume-4 as a "VJ" app is short sighted and may prevent users with
traditional playback needs to not even consider such apps for testing. Resolume and GVJ are more than VJ apps.

Lastly, I have a question about Resolume-4. When a clip finishes playing and is programmed to immediately playback another clip - is it a seamless transition? In other words, if I have a 100 frame animation that I re-render into 2 animations (anim1=frames1-50, anim2=frames 51-100), will I notice a transition happened between the 2 clips... or is it visually seamless???

Lastly again, thankyou for the development of resolume-4, I look forward to testing the Beta.