Autopilot :)))

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
rxfromparis
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Autopilot :)))

Post by rxfromparis »

i'm loving this feature !!! fabulos !!!

dont forget to trun down your clips beatsnap down to 1/2 bar or 1 bar to get this to work at first :lol:

thx guys thx :D
desktop: Windows 7 64bit , i7 920 2.66Ghz, 12Gb Ram, GTX 950 2Go, WD Velociraptor 300Go, terratec asio phase 26 usb soundcard & midi,Novation Nocturn controlpad, Akai MPK mini, and soon to come : BCR 2000 :))

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Autopilot :)))

Post by VJair »

its nice, but for me, it needs to be able to select specific clips ( ie: clip number 8 next ) to be truly usefull.

stevelinus
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by stevelinus »

is there any way of getting it to play a clip for so many seconds before moving to the next? i have some clips that only last for 1/4 second but loop and would be cool if it just played them for a few seconds

great feature though, means i can go out for a ciggy and stilll make it look like i am working

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

VJair wrote:its nice, but for me, it needs to be able to select specific clips ( ie: clip number 8 next ) to be truly usefull.
We know! It's hard to do this though, since the program would need to make the auto-pilot update its options dynamically based on how many clips you have loaded.
stevelinus wrote:is there any way of getting it to play a clip for so many seconds before moving to the next?
Try setting its beat snap to something ridiculously high.

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

goto10 wrote:
VJair wrote:its nice, but for me, it needs to be able to select specific clips ( ie: clip number 8 next ) to be truly usefull.
We know! It's hard to do this though, since the program would need to make the auto-pilot update its options dynamically based on how many clips you have loaded.
i am not a programmer so please excuse me if im saying something stupid ( wouldnt be the first time ;) )

could it be possible to reference a particular clip slot, rather than the clip itself, much like gpvillamil's sequencer he made for avenue? ( i do roughly comprehend the problem you describe in relation to dynamic updating though )

cat
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by cat »

So is there any way to have long clips only play for x beats before changing, also it seems to me that beat looper would be good for timeline based clips too, for looping sections within them.
Loving the latency with my blackmagic shuttle :)

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Thank you for the feedback guys (and girl ;-)

We kept the auto pilot fairly simple for now to see what feedback we would get on it. Targeting a specific clip is certainly possible and so is setting the point where the clip triggers the next clip.

elio
Is taking Resolume on a second date

"Do Nothing" is confusing

Post by elio »

Hi Guys,

i think the "do nothing" option in the autopilot is kind of confusing. at the moment it stops the clip after the first run and clears the layer.

Wouldn't it be more intuitive to change the behaviour to
"do whatever the clip would do without autopilot, such as looping or freezing the last frame" ?
When using standard "Play once and disappear" mode, this would still allow for the current behaviour as well as loop modes.

What do you think?
Elio
Realitäten Revue - http://www.r-revue.de

Tschoepler
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: "Do Nothing" is confusing

Post by Tschoepler »

elio wrote:i think the "do nothing" option in the autopilot is kind of confusing.
+1
████▀ ▄█ tschoepler.net █████ zweifarbton.net █▄ ▀████

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

+1 + +1 = +2
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar