Beta 2, short-lived Joy

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Tryll
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Beta 2, short-lived Joy

Post by Tryll »

Well, my system pretty much hates beta 2. Almost immediately, the interface become so sluggish as to be completely unusable. Trying to set up the preferences for my audio interface was basically impossible.

I did manage to tell that AV sync (for clips with both audio and video) is still way off though.

I saved a log from the crash that happened on quit, and will forward that.

NOTE: Everything I tried runs effortlessly in Avenue 3 on the same system.

Looking forward to Beta 3.

--------
My authoring/testing system: iMac i7, OSX 10.6.8, 16GB Ram, MOTU 828 audio interface
--------

jjames

Re: Beta 2, short-lived Joy

Post by jjames »

I am not off to a good start. First thing I tried to do was change the composition settings with the test slide running. Crash.

Windows 7, 64bit, ATI 5850 graphics.

Tryll

Post by Tryll »

Launched up beta 2 again. It seems like the interface just becomes progressively slower. The on-screen content, compared with Arena 3 is quite a bit slower, going from about 40fps and holding in 3, to a choppy 22fps that doesn't maintain AV sync in 4.

After running 10 minutes or so, the main interface no longer responds to my input, but the main output is about the same. (Choppy 22 fps.)

I haven't had a chance to check it on my show machine yet, but currently "good old Avenue" is out-performing its newer sibling by a long ways on my authoring system.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

It seems we created a memory leak that might cause the sloppiness you are talking about. Are you running on OSX ?

Tryll

Post by Tryll »

Yes, OSX...

--------
My authoring/testing system: iMac i7, OSX 10.6.8, 16GB Ram, MOTU 828 audio interface
--------