Screen Capturing Solution

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
cologne
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Screen Capturing Solution

Post by cologne »

Hello there ;-)

Simple problem? Here we go: I need a final solution to record my audiovisual Resolume act. Or at minimum the Resolume visuals. At the moment I do live recordings with my iPhone (with tripod) from the 2nd full screen monitor - looks not great! After I put the original wav with adobe premiere to the recorded movie - the room recording sounds bad, of coure. Isn't a good solution!

I need a professional suggest for my audio&visual recording request, with another soft- or hardware, pleeease!

Yes, I know - Resolume is a live performance software and the record button is just good enaugh for recordings a short loop for example. // => If anybody have experience with soft- or hardware regard to recording the digital video (and hopefully audio, too) stream from his computer = please let me know!

Thanks in advance :-)
Macbook Pro (Late 2013) 2,3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2 GB GDDR5 | OS X 10.9 | 1TB SSD | Resolume Arena 4.1.8 | Music: Traktor Pro 2 with Audio Inteface DJ 8

vj granda
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Screen Capturing Solution

Post by vj granda »

You can try syphon recorder...

cologne

Post by cologne »

Thanks for replay, but tested! Syphon (Client/Server) Recorder has the same FPS problems with recordings as the Resolume record Button himself. If my composition runs with 35-42FPS, also the recorded Syphon Video is near 15-25 FPS = Syphon is out ;-)

Anybody else has experiences with this (and a tested solution), maybe?
Macbook Pro (Late 2013) 2,3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2 GB GDDR5 | OS X 10.9 | 1TB SSD | Resolume Arena 4.1.8 | Music: Traktor Pro 2 with Audio Inteface DJ 8

StoryBoy
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by StoryBoy »

Hey,

Was going to second Syphon recorder:
http://syphon.v002.info/

Another option is to use a scan convertor (hardware) which capture from a VGA signal.

Or, something like the Matrox MX02 graphics card which can input and output HDMI.
Use a Mini-Display-> HDMI adapter and then record with the graphics card on a second machine.

Also, you get DVD-Recorder's which capture video but my experience that they write at 2x or 1x speed so you'd need to wait a long while to get a recording.

Hope that helps.

cologne

Post by cologne »

first, THANKS FOR REPLY!

Okay, "I will get more information about the Syphon "2" & in any case about the Matrox solution. For this one: I put the external matrox card in my minidisplay port (HDMI Adapter) -> and then this box goes in another macbook. Correct, so far? Then another recording software on the 2nd pc will record the Video&Audio what comes out of the matrox box, right or a thinking mistake?...

Puh, there are a lot of MX02 possibilites, which one you would choose? http://www.matrox.com/video/en/products/

StoryBoy

Post by StoryBoy »

cologne wrote: For this one: I put the external matrox card in my minidisplay port (HDMI Adapter) -> and then this box goes in another macbook. Correct, so far? Then another recording software on the 2nd pc will record the Video&Audio what comes out of the matrox box, right or a thinking mistake?...
Sounds correct. The matrox card needs to be on another machine. Your VJ machine has MiniDisplay port adapter which runs a HDMI cable to the matrox (on the other machine), capturing the signal. :D

The MX02 was recommended to me by another VJ.

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

that all seems over complicated, why not just use a dvd recorder? costs less and does what it says on the tin.

grif

Post by grif »

What about a screen recorder like camtasia? Not the best solution but it should work for higher framerates.

Alienwar3z

Post by Alienwar3z »

eklektro

Post by eklektro »

StoryBoy wrote:Hey,

Or, something like the Matrox MX02 graphics card which can input and output HDMI.
Use a Mini-Display-> HDMI adapter and then record with the graphics card on a second machine.
The Matrox MX02 Mini will work, recording to a 2nd computer (with Thunderbolt or Express 34 card input), and i've been using Wirecast 4.1.2 software, record to disk feature. But unfortunately i have been unable to get the Matrox's HDMI output mirroring to work, which means that there's no monitoring your Resolume work on an HDMI external display as you're recording... bummer. I spent a couple hours on the phone with Matrox tech support and we still couldn't get it working (and the problem might have something to do with the 640x480 resolution setting we're using within Resolume Avenue... scaling up to 1080i for the Matrox.... Or maybe its a frame rate issue). So perhaps there's another application besides Wirecast that recognizes the Matrox MX02 mini... which we could use to record with? Any suggestions? The HDMI output on the Matrox would be pretty important to get working... so we could feed a video projector! Incidentally, HDMI splitter/amplifiers didn't work when sending the signal INTO the Matrox. If anybody has any clues here, i'd be very grateful. thanks! Greg