OSC manual

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
manuelgonzalvez
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: OSC manual

Post by manuelgonzalvez »

OH, really appreciate your input. Didn't know the template was yours. it's great!.
Would be great if i could use OSCulator, but i'm on PC!

let's see. i've put, thanks to another expert, your Touch Resolume template in touchosc 1.2 i've also modified the xml file so as to be able to map the commands in PureData( as PD can't handle spaces in names, i had to change "/1/comp FX1" for "/1/compFX1", and so on. i then did a midi map for all the commands (or almost, all of them).

i see your layout sends a "osc_cs" command, with the correct name of the OSC command in Resolume. but in android/pd, i can only get the patch to read the page and control name.

SO. i've already patched the layout to send midi messages. what i need is sort of "advanced pd patching skills" , i mean, a patch example where i can see how to asign an OSC message to a previously routed command, and to route it to " packosc/udpsend/connect localhost" so as to get it ready to be read by Resolume.

i'm attaching here the pd patch, http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XZ21GL0A

bartsu, i'll take another(deeper) look into Control, mainly into it's patching explanations. maybe somewhere over there the answer is hidden.

any other input appreciated!

manuelgonzalvez

Oh, well, the Control PD patch came with some instructions, wich sent me here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxHIJx-O3iU

maybe i'll be gettin somewhere... i'll keep you up folks.

manuelgonzalvez

I see i forgot to explain why i'd prefer OSC messages rather than midi...well..i've got it working thru midi mapping, but can't use the layout pages that rely on the /activelayer command, as i can only map them to one layer (and even in the case that i managed to map them to every layer's fader/push/toggle, it would be a complete mess when used).

Well. i got down here through the tutorials. but...it's not working. advice?

https://picasaweb.google.com/1039588163 ... 9684727778

manuelgonzalvez

No one? i tried with the processing patch but couldn't get it to work...any advice on how to get the ocsp5 library to run ?

Joelgibbs

Post by Joelgibbs »

I'm don't quite understand all of this, but is it correct that you are working on a Android setup for OSCulator? Because i'm really interressted in that!
"Without order nothing exists, without chaos nothing evolves"

manuelgonzalvez

i'm actually working on the Android version of TouchOSC, got the TouchResolume (made for ipad)template added into it, and as i'm on a PC, made a PureData patch so as to rename the osc messages coming from the Application. i'm actually having trouble with the PD patch.

barstu

Post by barstu »

There is another test app for OSX that I've found called OSCTestApp

http://code.google.com/p/vvopensource/

noiseismyart

Post by noiseismyart »

got it with much trial and error.

gtz
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by gtz »

i was just browsing the osc section of the resolume 3 manual, & i think i came across an inconsistency: the manual states that clips have a property connect, defined as an event with a value of 0 or 1. shouldn't this property actually be a toggle?

& on a sidenote: am i correct in assuming that resolme 3 does not send out events triggered from the on-screen interface via osc? because i am not seeing any in touchOSC.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Once you trigger a clip, it doesn't disconnect until you trigger another clip or eject it. So in that regard it's an event and not a toggle. It's similar to clicking it with the mouse, where letting go of the button or clicking it again do not eject the clip.

OSC out is a new feature, introduced on Resolume 4.