IR Mapio 1.2 released

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
black_sire
Is taking Resolume on a second date

IR Mapio updated to 1.2.4

Post by black_sire »

IR Mapio updated to 1.2.4

*Crash on shutdown of Resolume Avenue and on change a composition is really fixed.
*Fixed - initialization of Maipo's configuration on load a composition(if "Edit mode" is disable).

http://irworkshop.com/blog/entry/24-ir- ... d-to-1-2-4
irworkshop.com

Tschoepler
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: IR Mapio 1.2 released

Post by Tschoepler »

WOOHOO! Thanks again.
Sorry, I didn't make it to my Windows machine this week. Maybe next time ;)
████▀ ▄█ tschoepler.net █████ zweifarbton.net █▄ ▀████

juLiE
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by juLiE »

Hi Ivan

Finally I tested your 1.2.4 version today and overall very nice again ! :)

Very Nice things, Thanx !
- New effects & explanations (very well done)
- Improved control of masks
- Switch between Areas hotkeys
- Resize current area relative to center
- Snap-in effect
- The new SETTINGS menu
- Lock check box & denote Area as 1L(Lock), 2L, etc.

Things & Issues for me on Windows (BUT overall it WORKS good!)
- After closing EDIT window, the mapping is *automatically* saved, and so if the user does not want to retain the new changes, they are saved anyway (meaning it's not necessary to click on SAVE button again). Also, sometimes a save is reverted back to the "My Documents" folder instead of the folder into which it was originally saved.

- (See image below) It is mandatory to LOCK each additional Area after mapping it otherwise, *overlapping* points (in this example the red circle corner points) of *all* areas move as as one together, not just the Area you want to move (unless you move while clicking CTRL). It seems that if the drop-down menu denotes the area that one is working on, then the other areas should not move.

- Double clicking to select another Area does not always work and I noticed that it mainly works if I first choose an Area that is locked from the drop-down menu and then double click on another (BUT one can always choose from the drop-down menu or use the nice *new* hotkeys :) ).

- If an Area has an effect, it still displays NONE in the EFFECTS drop-down menu and only after choosing the effect from this menu does the setting box "Enable" then appear (or if you double click on the effect name in EFFECTS tab)...it just seems like if a mapping has any effects, the first one in the list should default in the drop-down menu instead of "None".

- After closing EDIT window, the EDIT MODE check box remains enabled instead of of *not* enabled. And so to go back into the EDIT window, one must click to not enable the box and then check it again to enable it.

- (See image below) Not a problem, but the text looks strange (kinda offset shadow), when LOCK is enabled (and gone when LOCK is not enabled)

Question
What is the point of the END button (maybe I need more coffee ;) )?

Have a groovy day!
Julie

IMAGE AREAS MOVE
areas_move.jpg
areas_move.jpg (87.05 KiB) Viewed 16607 times
IMAGE TEXT SHADOW
Last edited by juLiE on Thu Dec 15, 2011 08:52, edited 1 time in total.
2013 - Present: Dell Inspiron 7720 laptop, Win 7 sp1, Nividia GeForce GT 650M
2008 - 2012: Dell Vostro 1700 laptop, Win XP sp3, Nividia GeForce 8600M GT
2004 - 2008: Mini PC ITX...
Official Website: http://www.juliemeitz.com

black_sire
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: IR Mapio 1.5 beta1 released

Post by black_sire »

Changes:
+ Not restricted history for undo\redo changes.
+ Support triangular areas.
+ New fx - set masks for each areas by user loaded images.
+ New fx - color corrections with control for opacity, saturation, contrast, bright, gamma (common and RGB separately), black/white level.
+ Full support of editing areas by keyboard with support of the multi-selection. + New tools: reorder area to up/down, copy area configuration from opposite mode, lock of mouse moving by X/Y.
+ New settings item: canvas background image. And now all items settings are stored with the project file.
* Improved 'Edge Blending' effect for more accuracy of blending. And added "Geometry ignore" option.
* For all vector's masks added "smooth" option.
* By right click on slider to reset him to default value.
* For Resolume Avenue 4 ready.

more...
irworkshop.com

juLiE

Post by juLiE »

Fantastic Ivan, thanx !!! :) :) :)
Will test soon...

vj granda

Post by vj granda »

Excelent Ivan, for my personal use of IR Mapio, that one's are a very big advance:

+ Support triangular areas.
* Improved 'Edge Blending' effect for more accuracy of blending. And added "Geometry ignore" option.
* For all vector's masks added "smooth" option.

Very good job again...

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

lovely work, will have a good play with this one :)

zebbler

Post by zebbler »

Crash (probably?) report:

I am working on this mapped show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B2LWyWv9gk

It's a bit of a hell for me at the moment trying to figure out why IR Mapio is not saving my changes when I quit Resolume. I try to map my structure before the show, then quit and come back and re-plug. But upon my test, there are constant problems where, after I restart - my maps revert to some "in-between" or old save state.
I can't seem to point out why... it doesn't happen all the time.
Sometimes, if I close the Mapio instance, then unclick "edit" "grid" and "cursor" then save and quit - it comes back fine. But I almost think that's just in my head and doesn't really correlate to anything.

Why would my changes in IR Mapio not save when I save my Resolume project and quit?

Additionally - it's really complicated to copy and paste one instance of Mapio to another Layer. I have to copy to a clip, then drag it to another layer from the clip and delete the clip instance.
Could that be also messing me up? I noticed that changing one layer's Mapio settings affects (SOMETIMES) the Mapio settings on another layer that I've copied this effect to before. It's such a mess, since I can't predict it - sometimes my other layers snap to adjust to my changes, even though I haven't edited their Mapio instance, sometimes they don't... I wish I just understood this madness... My mapped shows would be soo tight then. I love this plugin.. But the saving difficulty is very frustrating and time costly for me.

I am pretty sure I am running the latest versions of Resolume and Mapio on a relatively new/fast MacBook Pro

VjWizz
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by VjWizz »

I'm having SERIOUS problems wirth IR Mapio....having bought the newist version itt crashes after a minute on my alienware. I dont understand...I've wasted so much money - what can I do to make it work? Help! :?

juLiE

Post by juLiE »

Quick replies, don't have a lot of time...

@zebbler
- You are aware that there is a SAVE button in IR Mapio window, yes ? Resolume doesn't save the mapping for you, IR Mapio does (Resolume saves your composition which includes plugin IR Mapio).
- regarding "copying" mapio per clip level, I did not think this was possible. However once you save the mapping (file extension of mapped file saved is .mio), next to the SAVE button there is the LOAD button and you can load the same mapping onto a different clip, etc. Also, you're aware that you can apply the mappings per "layer" or per "composition" too, not just at the "clip" level.
- Friendly advice; make BACK UPS of all your .mio mapping files in another folder in case things get screwed up with original.
PS: very nice EOTO Lotus stage setup, you should post the video to Ivan's (IR Mapio creator) facebook page :)

@VjWizz
- You've wasted more your time not getting a good reply because you did not provide enough information regarding the specs of your machine AND when and how it crashes exactly, what steps? Alienware is a special gaming PC!

Best, Julie