Video Presets in Arena - can you make them midi mappable?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
noiseismyart
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Video Presets in Arena - can you make them midi mappable?

Post by noiseismyart »

I would like to be able to switch between various video presets on the fly use a midi controller. I believe this would add a beneficial function to the advance video output settings. Is this possible?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Video Presets in Arena - can you make them midi mappable

Post by Joris »

Could you define what you mean by video presets? There are quite a few things in Resolume that could be covered by that term ;)

HerrNieDa
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by HerrNieDa »

hmm... i think he means the VFX presets....
generally you can't map "drop effect", or?

workaround would me dropping all effects on the clip and only blend in this one you want to use.

here another idea, what would be great:
the possibility to make "combined effect"-presets (if i use more effects and want to drop them on other clips)...
now there's a workaround by copying clips... but in a new composition for example the "work" is lost or most be at least combined again ;)
MainSys: Z77 UP5,3570K,32GB Ram,GTX 285, M3 128GB,4x3TB R5@LSI9750
VJSys 1: 990FX UD5,X6 1045T,16GB Ram,GTX970+610+610,M3 128GB,3x1TB R0
MBP 3.1; Schenker A102 (650m) & P702 (675m)

dandelion
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by dandelion »

i fully agree: in ableton it's possible to create custom effect racks which can be saved and re-opened in other projects. the same in resolume would be great.

dirtyjohn_lv

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

You can do that with dashboard. Drop as many effects as you like on the layer of your choice and "blank" them all.
Link various parts of different effects to the dashboard controls. Assign some knobs or faders to dashboard and some keys or pads to the of each effect. You can also assign any left over faders or knobs to whatever you like in the effects.

You can always modify a built effect, save that as a preset then load the preset later and assign it to midi.
I am always reconfiguring my controller. I find a new way to play with an effect and try it out. I have about 12 different mappings for 1 controller.

Rene

Post by Rene »

noiseismyart wrote:I would like to be able to switch between various video presets on the fly use a midi controller.
If you are talking about video FX, have you tried to use the new Effect Clips (hope the links works)
https://docs.google.com/View?id=dfx7c2h ... fect_Clips

This way you can combine as many effects as you like, which are applied to all layers below. And with the new intra-layer transition function, you can easily switch between them. - Is there a way to safe such Effect Clips?

dandelion
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by dandelion »

which brings me (see other post about reconnecting clips) to the point that my saved effect presets are not found after i transfered my project (including effects, etc) to another computer. (if i keep on making the same errors here, please let me know.)

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Presets of multiple effects have been discussed many times before, it's on our radar but not with a high priority. As a workaround, several effect clips could be saved into a separate deck, which then can be opened in the current composition and copy/pasted to where they are needed.

Since this thread is now veering off in different reactions, and OP has not responded so far, let's discuss other topics in their respective threads.

noiseismyart
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by noiseismyart »

I meant the Advanced Options Presets in regards to Slice mapping. I was hoping to use the slices to arrange video input to create a layout with certain videos in the foreground in background and be able to switch between which ones are closer and further depending on premade presets. I managed to do this with IRMapIO and using different columns to switch between the presets.