Reconnect clips

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
dandelion
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Reconnect clips

Post by dandelion »

The reconnect clip tool opens a browser. As it's said in the "resolume 4 what's new video" it automatically reconnect clips in the same folder. This means it doen't fix clips from other subfolders within the same rootfolder, is that right? would be lovely if this works, the same way as ableton, battery, cubase, etc. or am i missing something?

HerrNieDa
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Reconnect clips

Post by HerrNieDa »

think it's not built in, but you can edit the xml composition-file and edit the linked folders from the specific clips!
MainSys: Z77 UP5,3570K,32GB Ram,GTX 285, M3 128GB,4x3TB R5@LSI9750
VJSys 1: 990FX UD5,X6 1045T,16GB Ram,GTX970+610+610,M3 128GB,3x1TB R0
MBP 3.1; Schenker A102 (650m) & P702 (675m)

dandelion

Post by dandelion »

thanks. i am familiar with that procedure in avenue3, but hoped for an easier workaround in avenue 4: i prepare my compositions and decks on one computer on which i also have my editsoftware (adobe, etc), codecpacks, converters, etc.
when finished my compositions and decks, i transfer everything to another computer which i link with ableton via midi over lan.
everytime i have to open the xml files in notepad, to change the foldernames is quite boring and as i hoped not longer necessary.

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

make sure both drives have the same addy and location.

dandelion

Post by dandelion »

Thanks VJAir,

I just read some more posts about this subject. I also read the technical explanation from Joris from about a year ago. My problem is that for the time being I have to work on Mac and Windows. Building up the same folderstructure on both machines just doesn't work for me (correct me if i'm wrong, but on mac it always says /volumes/name partition/foldername; in windows /name partition/foldername.
So every texteditor can do the job (find and replace), but I just expected more from the new tool in resolume 4. (as i said like tools in mentioned audio software).
any ideas? let me know!

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

We recognize the need for a function like this, and have several ideas on how it could be implemented, but the perfect solution hasn't hit us yet.

It would be great if any Ableton/Cubase power users out there could let us know how other softwares handle this.

@dandelion in another topic you mention that you cannot copy effect preset between machines. We specifically made every preset a separate XML file to allow just this, so could you let us know where it is going wrong for you?

vj granda
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by vj granda »

goto10 wrote:
It would be great if any Ableton/Cubase power users out there could let us know how other softwares handle this.?
Cubase remember the folder architecture, if you relocate a clip, the rest of the Project clips are automtically relocated, even if they are in diferent folders...

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

What happens if you have two clips with the same name in a different folder?

vj granda

Post by vj granda »

You have a clip with a same name, but It's in another folder, Isn't it? That option works ok if you move all the clips folder, for instance from a disck to another disck... What I'm trying to explain it will be a good option to relocate automatically all the clips of the composition, not deck x deck...

vj granda

Post by vj granda »

goto10 wrote:What happens if you have two clips with the same name in a different folder?

Or then force the program to make you try one or the other... ????