A preference setting to open a blank(new) project by default

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
noiseismyart
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

A preference setting to open a blank(new) project by default

Post by noiseismyart »

I like that when I open resolume it is courteous enough to load the last thing I was working into the deck for me so I can get back to playing - but this can be a hassle - especially when I want a blank slate to work with. Some of my projects can be very clip and effect intensive resulting in a bit of a load time. Somewhere in the preferences you should be able to decide between opening the last project or a blank one when resolume is opened. It is easy enough to open a recent project once a blank one is loaded so you desire but sometimes just getting a new beginning takes to long.

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: A preference setting to open a blank(new) project by def

Post by VJair »

windows sort of offers this - at least windows 7 does ( no help if you are a mac user, sorry )

where you have the avenue shortcut pinned to my start menu, you can choose a specific comp to load ( via the little arrow on the right of the icon ) instead of just executing the program and letting it load the last used comp.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: A preference setting to open a blank(new) project by def

Post by Joris »

We are playing with the idea of adding a 'user preferences' tab, where this could be managed.

In the meantime, you can hit CTRL-N (CMD-N) during startup, which will interrupt the loading process and give you a blank comp.