Tiles in Arena 4

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
wickedthoughtzzz
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Tiles in Arena 4

Post by wickedthoughtzzz »

Greetings!
I just downloaded the arena 4 demo and am LOVING this app! I was wondering if there is any way to send different video to different tiles that I have created in the "advanced" output settings. I am doing some video mapping utilizing about 20 tiles, but I don't want the same exact video to be sent to all 20 tiles. It seems like I should be able to tell each layer in my composition to only go to certain tiles. Any way of achieving this with the stock program? If not, are there any 3rd party effects that could allow this. It seems like it would be rather simple programming to achieve that.

Also, is there any way to do a "horizontal flip" to just certain tiles? I know I can rotate tiles 180 degrees, but I would like to be able to invert horizontally or vertically like you can do with layers in adobe after effects or photoshop.

movebandit
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Tiles in Arena 4

Post by movebandit »

Should be pretty easy: For Example with 4 Tiles: Composition Size is 1600x1200px (So Youve got a 2x2 800x600 Matrix). Now position 4 Layers in the upper left (Size 800x600) upper right,lower left and lower right. For Example: Position for lower right would be x 800 y -600. Now create in the Advanced Output 4 Tiles with exactly the same Settingsm and voila. 4 Layers in 4 seperate Tiles. For 20 Tiles you cold probably use a 4x5 Matrix. Resolution depends on what your System is able to process in an acceptable Framerate, and whats the ative Resolution of your TIles are....

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

As mentioned in other threads on this, we are working on a layer routing system, where you can send a layer directly to a slice in the Advanced Output, which will be released as a free update.

For the time being, here's a project file that, using the technique movebandit describes, takes four layers and places them on a 2x2 grid.
FourLayers.avc
(29.02 KiB) Downloaded 1033 times

dbassix
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by dbassix »

@goto - Thats exactly what we are looking for. ;)

chaos theory
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by chaos theory »

is there a estimated timeframe on when the layer to slice feature will be introduced? first half 2012?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

I'm sorry, but we cannot commit to any dates.

zealobin
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by zealobin »

layer routing system?
It's great!!!!
This feature will be powerful
look forward to

gsbe
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by gsbe »

Thanks for posting this, goto10. More practical examples of how to setup the "Advanced Output Settings" of Arena would be greatly appreciated, especially examples of multiple screens in different/unique setups.

Thanks again!
goto10 wrote:As mentioned in other threads on this, we are working on a layer routing system, where you can send a layer directly to a slice in the Advanced Output, which will be released as a free update.

For the time being, here's a project file that, using the technique movebandit describes, takes four layers and places them on a 2x2 grid.
FourLayers.avc