midi controls for resolume avenue?

Bro, does your rig even lift?
differing
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

midi controls for resolume avenue?

Post by differing »

I am trying to convert from ressolume 2.4 into 3 (im stuborn its taken me time) but i have been testing avenue out and i cannot for the life of me get avenue to map to any of my midi controllers.

I have a dell latitude d630 laptop
and two controller one is a akai mpd 24 drum pad
the other is an m-audio oxygen 49 keyboard nither of which will map to the midi in avenue vior the normal methods, they all work peeeerfect with the old version so i really am stumped with this one.
Avenue simply will not take input from either controller even though they are both se nding messages.

any help is much appreciated, as i don't seem to e able to find any other thread or anything in the faq as it seems to assume in the manual that its actually accepted your knob twiddle when you start programming the midi controls!

nick wiright.

www.nicholaswright.net

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: midi controls for resolume avenue?

Post by VJair »

you should go for version 4, it has some much superior features to version 3.

have you selcted the midi inputs in the preferences?

differing

Post by differing »

Actually now ive done that its works (the real question is why it was of by default when the software is uncontrollable wiothout midi )

now my problem is Even worse as it just seems to not be detecting the midi signals properly or something (god know s what the midi keyboard and pad work perfectly with everything else)

so it just sort of inacurately makes up numbers from from 1-127 depending on what it feels like .
on the subject of version 4 i was going to get it but when i tried the demo it did not even show an image in the preview!

I am lamenting here as i have finally decided to bite the bullet and have a go at version 3 up and they just seem useless compared to version 2.4 which has always been rock solid!

any help on a postacard either that or ill just use vjamm (did i really just here myself say that) for a/v and ressy 2.4 for visuals.

seems a shame its a bit ............buggy.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

it seems to assume in the manual that its actually accepted your knob twiddle when you start programming the midi controls!
Fourth sentence of the Midi chapter of the manual: 'Before you can start mapping MIDI notes and controllers to Resolume features, you will need to activate the MIDI inputs that you want to use in the MIDI Preferences.'
so it just sort of inacurately makes up numbers from from 1-127 depending on what it feels like .
Sounds like you have velocity enabled. Second paragraph of the Midi chapter of the manual:
If you select the Velocity option, the strength with which you hit the key or pad will be used to set the new value for the parameter.
they just seem useless
You're welcome!

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

if by useless you mean almost unlimited layers, faster effects, hardware acceleration, more clips in a deck and more flexibility - then yes, deffo useless.

;)

differing

Post by differing »

ok mr sarcastic i was juuuuust finding it a little difficult to get used too maybe ill get it working this time eh!