help for record file in Res4

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
machfox
Is taking Resolume on a second date

help for record file in Res4

Post by machfox »

Hi-
when I use the record button and then hit stop, the file that comes back into the composition shows only the left-top quadrant- and not the whole screen that was output. I could not find preference or topic in manual to cover this. Please direct me to a setting/solution.
I want to re-use the file back into the composition...although the top-left version is happy accident for some live camera feeds- and i would like to have that option again as well.

thanx.

Shorties

Re: help for record file in Res4

Post by Shorties »

Are you on windows or mac?

machfox

Post by machfox »

I use Res4 on windows7

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

There are no settings for this, as it should always record the entire output. Could you send us a screenshot of the interface while recording, one of the recordings and the log file (mail@resolume.com)?

Hopefully that will help us figure out what's going wrong!

machfox

Post by machfox »

I was able to fix problem. I may have been exploring new features when I first got version 4 and made some slice options just to see feature(but never used)
- the output to projector was always full screen and only record file was affected...hmmm?

Record works as it should now...i just hope I can recreate the accident!
and while exploring I found and implemented audio fft from my live camera feed mic...so many fx parameter options.
also downloaded 4.1 version and it seems even better than ver4 at gig last nite.
this software is great.

machfox

Post by machfox »

I don't think it was the "output" section settings that solved my problems...
and everytime I open Res4 and hit record I am back to same problem of recording only upper left quadrant.

The only way I am able to get record to actually record "full screen" output is to toggle(in preferences>video) from trilinear to nearest neighbor and then back to trilinear. - then i hit record and it is full output recorded.
- i tried to save composition after fix- but does not save that setting.

that is my work-around for now since i dont know how to find logfile and take screenshot to send.

any ideas why this happens?

nils
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by nils »

thanks matchfox for this workaround! :)