R4 crashes when I switch between decks.

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
sd449
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

R4 crashes when I switch between decks.

Post by sd449 »

I just bought R4 avenue and am using it with a custom built rack mount PC.

The specs are as follows:

pentium 3ghz dual core i3 sandy bridge
8gb ddr3 1333 ram
1gb ati radeon eyefinity (4vga outputs)
600 watt power supply
120gb solid state drive
windows 7

The computer works perfectly havent had any crashing issues, but every time I switch between decks in R4 avenue the program crashes.

I am using .mov files if that makes a difference, and using one control monitor and two projectors both 800x600 resolution.

Does anyone have any experience with this? What other information is necessary in order to paint a decent picture of what is going on - sorry I am relatively new to this.

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: R4 crashes when I switch between decks.

Post by VJair »

when you say it crashes... does the program bomb / quit or does it just hang?

sd449
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by sd449 »

Bomb quit

Shorties
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Shorties »

Im running a hackintosh i7, Radeon 6870, OSX 10.7.3 with Arena 4 and I am also suffering this problem. I didn't use to encounter it and I'm not sure what triggers it, but I had it happen twice in a row while running a clip on Layer 1 and clicking on a new deck.

Edit: Three times now, I am running a syphon output of my layer one on my first deck, could that be the culprit?

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

The Syphon FFGL plugins aren't really stable. This has to do with the nature of FFGL and it not mixing very well withe the Objective-c language. Please check if the stability improves if you don't have the Syphone output running.

Bang Boom Ben
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Bang Boom Ben »

Yes, same problem here. Switching between the decks caused crashes for me as well. I'm using win 7 64x. I did a post a while ago but didn't get any answer: http://www.resolume.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9214
b

Shorties
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Shorties »

edwin wrote:The Syphon FFGL plugins aren't really stable. This has to do with the nature of FFGL and it not mixing very well withe the Objective-c language. Please check if the stability improves if you don't have the Syphone output running.

Just experienced the issue again, with no syphon running at all this time. It's not extremely common, but when it happens it's a showstopper.

Bang Boom Ben
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Bang Boom Ben »

For me it´s still the same. I can be sure if I perform with Res4 I get 1 till 3 random crashes a night (yesterday it crashed again). Common guys this may not happen. Please take this post seriously. Fortunately most of the time we perform as a team with a videomixer so they can just take me out of the stream BUT seriously that shouldn´t be the solution. One week ago I was performing alone (I really was frightened) - the program crashed 3 times this night. It happened when I switched between decks (I have the feeling chances to crashes increases the more clips you have on your dashboard) - and also when you try to trigger a clip although not all are fully loaded in your dashboard.

I´m using WIN7, Nvidia m2000 (Performance is good by the way).

Answers are welcome. Do you have any similar problems?
b