Resolume and BPM clock

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
123thedude
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Resolume and BPM clock

Post by 123thedude »

Hello everyone.

I have been wondering how to get resolume to register an external soundsignal's bpm, but i haven't been able to find any solution to this. I'm running resolume on an iMac and and have an apc40 to control it, for my last gig I've tried connectin the behringer mixer via. midi to my iMac, and set it as a midi clock source, but it seems that mixer weren't able to send midi like i wanted, cause i didn't get any signal even though resolume reconized it. So my question is basically, if there is any way, that i could take the sound input on my mac and get resolume to recognize it as a sort of bpm source?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Resolume and BPM clock

Post by Joris »

Give this a try: http://wavesum.net/

123thedude
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by 123thedude »

That's a pretty expensive solution! :o

mowgli
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mowgli »

That's beyond expensive and ridiculous, the RED Sound bite MICRO BPM is a hardware solution which costs £49!

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

I agree 100% with mowgli.
A. The RED Sound bite MICRO ist one of the best hardware solutions to get a BPM from a external sound signal!

B. Maybe you or a friend already own a KaossPad 3....the KP3 is able to generate a Midiclock as master and also generates a clock from an external line signal.

I tried both. In my opinion the soundbite generates the most accurate BPM signal from external sources.

Greetz
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

Shorties
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Shorties »

mowgli wrote:That's beyond expensive and ridiculous, the RED Sound bite MICRO BPM is a hardware solution which costs £49!
Wow thanks for this tip, I've been using the wavesum demo while practicing for a while, but I never felt like it was worth the asking price, this peice of equipment certainly is.