rama1
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: gif support

Post by rama1 »

leolodreamland
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by leolodreamland »

quicktime pro 7 save as mov with millions colours+ (enable alpha channel in codec options for this) with codecs DXV, animation or png... set resolume to pixelated mode too.

leolodreamland

Post by leolodreamland »

actually trying qt7 out again i couldn't get it to work. works in photoshop tho...

leolodreamland

Post by leolodreamland »

olivepixel

Post by olivepixel »

1269208871.gif
1269208871.gif (330.38 KiB) Viewed 27692 times
tumblr_lsk828XcDh1r1paozo1_500.gif
tumblr_lsk828XcDh1r1paozo1_500.gif (434.69 KiB) Viewed 27692 times
xceeclcto799g5lr9qwy.gif
xceeclcto799g5lr9qwy.gif (91.77 KiB) Viewed 27692 times

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

I have a nice collection of gifs, not crappy chan, most of my timelapse works or space weather footage.
I just put it in a dvx file.
I think AE is a better option than QT or Gif2Avi converters, cause you have some control over framerate and scaling (well, I do all my stuff in AE cause I work with it all day, so...). Maybe you want to turn off frame blending to maintain the low fi edges.

Shorties
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Shorties »

goto10 wrote:Gifs? Really? Are people still doing that? Outside 4Chan I mean ;-)

Tell you what, post one cool gif that you'd like to VJ with, and we'll think about making it a feature.

Actually PBS (Public Broadcast Station in the United States) just did a mini documentary on the animated Gif.

It seems that the animated gif went out of style after the late 90's when the whole Web 2.0 trend came about, and animated gifs became associated with those crappy geocities sites and stuff, but as that trend has faded and we have moved into newer generations of internet communities, the animated gif has made a comeback, especially within commenting communities all over the web. While its quite easy to convert animated gif's to a suitable format, with the increasing popularity of them, it would be quite useful to be able to just skip that step and drop them into resolume, but I know the way animated gifs can be optimized could be problematic when scrubbing a timeline, so reconverting seems like a good idea anyway. I just mostly wanted to post these as some examples of Gifs that could be good for VJing. I have a little folder of animated gifs that I always save to every time I see one I like and would be useful in visuals, here are a few examples:

(Note: I haven't actually tried to use any of these yet, so I don't know how good they would look in practice, they are just from my favorites folder)

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

While its quite easy to convert animated gif's to a suitable format, with the increasing popularity of them, it would be quite useful to be able to just skip that step and drop them into resolume, but I know the way animated gifs can be optimized could be problematic when scrubbing a timeline, so reconverting seems like a good idea anyway.
You're hitting the nail on the head there. Don't get us wrong, we love gifs as much as the next guy. The way they are compressed makes it far from ideal for VJ'ing, so converting is the way to go.

MkUltra
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: gif support: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Post by MkUltra »

Ask and you shall receive!

I built an ImageParticles Plugin, you can play ANY GIF in rez, with support for transparency and animation. Use a GIF as a standalone loop, or use the particles feature to layer a cloud of GIFs (or PNGs) in your VJ sets! It supports up to 75 individual animated GIFS at a time... which is a lot...

For everyone here on the Rez forums, I have a 25% off promo--
Simply go to "http://tentonraygun.com/particle-fx-plugin/" and click on "add to cart", and enter the promo code "newProductImgFX".

Let me know what you think-- and pics would be awesome!

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

5207_89ca_480.gif
5207_89ca_480.gif (562.91 KiB) Viewed 25666 times
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~