midi controlled playhead not working

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
mowgli
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

midi controlled playhead not working

Post by mowgli »

I'm having an issue trying to assign a knob to scratch by pairing it to the play head of a layer. Basically the play head jumps to the beginning or the end as soon as the knob is touched. I've tried with relative and absolute modes to no avail. Curiously though if I pause the layer and move the playhead with the mouse, the lights on the Behringer's knob reflect the correct position. I've tried doing the same with a trigger finger, a codanova vmx vj and a xone 4d with both knobs and jog wheels with the same results. Any clues?

Shorties
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: midi controlled playhead not working

Post by Shorties »

I also have this issue, with my APC 40 on 4.0.1 Arena on OSX. Sometimes it works (Like if I reset my entire midi map) but very little additional customization and its back to jumping to the extremes of the transport. Its truly problematic and I haven't found a fix yet.

Goto says there are some midi out issues that will be fixed in an upcoming update: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9366

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

To give a little extra info: this particular bug only happens on Composition Midi Map. If you do this mapping on Application Map (which allows you to map the control once and then scratch any clip which is active), it works as expected.

It's on the fix list for 4.1 though.

mowgli

Post by mowgli »

I'm afraid I'm having the same issues on both application and composition midi maps

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Yeah, my bad. It has been fixed for all modes though. Workaround for now is not to use midi output.

mowgli

Post by mowgli »

I've been trying to resolve this for a while and I'm getting the most random behaviour:

Knob 1 on BCR with settings- channel 2, CC25, absolute mode is mapped to the playhead of layer 1 in Application MIDI map, deck focus, absolute mode.

If I now trigger a clip WITH AUDIO on layer1, column 1 and move the knob, the playhead jumps from start to finish and the feedback lights on the BCR remain all lit independently of the playhead position.
If I trigger a clip WITHOUT AUDIO on layer 1, column 1, the lights on the BCR display the position of the play head but again, when the knob is adjusted the playhead simply jumps from one extreme to the other.

Knob 2 on BCR with settings- channel 2, CC26, absolute mode is mapped to the playhead of layer 2 in Application MIDI map, deck focus, relative (0-127) mode.

If I trigger a clip WITHOUT AUDIO on layer 2, column 1, the lights on the BCR knob are all constantly lit, when the knob is adjusted the playhead simply jumps from one extreme to the other...or sometimes works as expected yet the lights on the knob are all lit whatever the postion. If I use the same setting as in Knob 1 it doesn't behave the same as knob 1, the play head does some really random jumping about for a good few seconds after the knob has stopped being adjusted.

I really don't know what to do as the behaviours are not consistent.

mowgli

Post by mowgli »

I've just seen your reply after posting my findings.