timecode problem arena 4.1.1

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
deepvisual
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

timecode problem arena 4.1.1

Post by deepvisual »

most likely pilot error, but I triggered 3 clips with EBU at the same time, each clip showing the same clock counting upwards from zero, to check if clips drift.
however had a problem as they seem to chase to timecode. if the timecode stops, they do.
I know my timecode is fine as I use it in Qlab, but both the clock and the clips went haywire and juddered badly.
is there a way to get clips to trigger without chasing?
clips play fine if triggered manually

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: timecode problem arena 4.1.1

Post by Joris »

however had a problem as they seem to chase to timecode. if the timecode stops, they do.
This is expected behaviour. SMPTE playback is meant to follow a SMPTE input, for instance from a CDJ deck. So if the timecode speeds up or slows down, the video matches the new speed. If the signal is stopped, so does the video. It's actually not meant as a sequencing/trigger tool, and this is why a clip has to be triggered in a layer before the SMPTE playback can take effect.
I know my timecode is fine as I use it in Qlab, but both the clock and the clips went haywire and juddered badly.
If the incoming SMPTE signal is not continuous, but it's fine in other apps, there is something going wrong in your setup. It's best to contact us directly to troubleshoot this (mail@resolume.com)