Editable Credit Roll style txt and Tickers

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
yugpmoc
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Editable Credit Roll style txt and Tickers

Post by yugpmoc »

I've learned (ooohhhhmmmm all praise google oooohhhhmmmmm) that what I'm looking for in movie editor lingo is called a Titler... It would be very groovy if something like Boris Grafitti would 'plug in' or we had something like that in flash or quartz. Anyone?

Still looking for a solution that fits my situation, especially in the automation department, but this or hopefully an open source titler app may be a stopgap.

My clip editing skills are lagging far behind my technical get the shite off the raid arrays, out the projectors, and on the screens skills.

I'm sure there are lots of threads on clip editors and special effects generation, but for things like readable information, what do you use?

yugpmoc

Post by yugpmoc »

I'm not a laptop VJ... I roll with a 24 U rack and toys in a 20ft trailer (I do the DMX light guy thing as well). My server has 8 video outs and 4 ins. I use 16x16 svideo and 8x8 vga matrix switches for plumbing. I can always fire up the backup server or laptop to create the overlays and capture them, but doing it inside resolume is my goal. Automating incoming text display would open up my rig to a wider variety of gigs. It sounds like I need to learn flash or quartz. Both being expensive without much else in the way of compelling reasons, it's only moderately likely that will happen in the near future. Before this weekend, not a chance. I'll have a google at the other things you mentioned.

deepvisual

Post by deepvisual »

there are quite a few autocue applications about.
on mac you could pipe one of these in using syphon virtual screen

yugpmoc

Post by yugpmoc »

Thanks, Autoque! I knew it had a name.

Edit... Doh! news and tv station software... I don't watch TV, I forget how much bling the stations use. Anyone ever bent a chyron to VJing succesfully? Looks like an interesting toy.