Available data to FFGL

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
Trypta
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Available data to FFGL

Post by Trypta »

I'm looking at starting to write some FX/generators in FFGL. I'm wondering a couple of things.

What data is available from Resolume to FFGL other than texture data? ie. timing data? BPM data?

We've just encountered a problem with string parameter not working is this a bug or is just not available? (I would like to create a plugin that loads an object based on file path)

Almost all the FX I would like to write are timing based so I'm really hoping that I can get some sync data from Resolume.

thanks
Keith

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Available data to FFGL

Post by Joris »

Cool to hear you're working on some FFGL goodness!

The only available data passed to FFGL are texture and parameter data. The most straightforward way to access timing data is by exposing a parameter and then linking this to the BPM.
We've just encountered a problem with string parameter not working
To be honest, this sounds like a bug on your end. String parameters are working, the IRWorkshop step automation plugins use them extensively. Let me know if we can help debugging this though.

Trypta
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Available data to FFGL

Post by Trypta »

Great thanks for the tips.
The most straightforward way to access timing data is by exposing a parameter and then linking this to the BPM.
Thanks that was my fallback solution.

It was actually a friend of mine who was trying to access the string parameter I'll see if I can get the code from him.

BTW totally impressed with the DXV codec (I'm new to Resolume).

thanks
Keith