AKAI APC 40 and Resolume Avenue

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: AKAI APC 40 and Resolume Avenue

Post by Joris »

Not to discourage anyone from creating their own Bomes setup, but just to let you know since Resolume 4, midi feedback is supported out of the box for the APC40. There's no need to use Bomes, unless you want specific functionality (different colors for layers or the like). If you just want the playing clip to light up, or feedback for your dials, Resolume does this for you.

coz3r
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by coz3r »

The new midi out feature is great but its not extravagantly great (this is not a discredit to the Resolume team they've done more on this issue than they need to imho). But unless there becomes available some options to customize what the midi out can do I think there are many of us that will stick some form of secondary midi out.

Yuckfou157 I'm not completely sure whats happening with your setup but if you pm me maybe I can help you out

_Cozer

theLABVisuals

Post by theLABVisuals »

I think I'm getting closer to having the APC mapped via bomes as I want.

Introducing ARC - The APC40 mkII Extender.
ARC brings you 640 clip triggers, 128 Faders, 128 Track pots, 80 Scene launch, 16 foot switches and more.
https://www.theapc40extender.co.uk

Shorties
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Shorties »

Tony_Blend wrote:I think I'm getting closer to having the APC mapped via bomes as I want.

That looks really awesome!, I need to start messing with my APC 40 again.

Vjcheshire

Post by Vjcheshire »

Not sure if this has been covered in this thread (or in other threads) but looking for a way to easily *shift* the keys for the apc40. By shift I mean Bump all the midi numbers/notes up on the apc40 with a single click and have them already mapped in resolume so I can use the same buttons, but do different functions on the fly. Trying to minimize the amount of controllers I have to bring to an event.

theLABVisuals

Post by theLABVisuals »

Vjcheshire wrote:Not sure if this has been covered in this thread (or in other threads) but looking for a way to easily *shift* the keys for the apc40. By shift I mean Bump all the midi numbers/notes up on the apc40 with a single click and have them already mapped in resolume so I can use the same buttons, but do different functions on the fly. Trying to minimize the amount of controllers I have to bring to an event.
I'm currently implementing on my Bomes patch the facility to switch the midi data out to madmapper (presets) as well as switch back to Resolume as an when I want (aiming to save a seperate controller setup). I think the best approach would be to script something yourself within bomes based upon a preset activation.
ARC brings you 640 clip triggers, 128 Faders, 128 Track pots, 80 Scene launch, 16 foot switches and more.

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by Basic »

I'm currently implementing on my Bomes patch the facility to switch the midi data out to madmapper (presets) as well as switch back to Resolume as an when I want (aiming to save a seperate controller setup). I think the best approach would be to script something yourself within bomes based upon a preset activation.
Sounds good Tony, I need your help with Bomes sometime soon if thats cool! - I still need to get the APC20 working to my liking :)
Resolume Avenue 3.3.3 - MBP i7, 8gb RAM - Snow Leopard (2010). Akai APC20

theLABVisuals

Post by theLABVisuals »

Basic wrote:Sounds good Tony, I need your help with Bomes sometime soon if thats cool! - I still need to get the APC20 working to my liking :)
I've got a rough idea on how to make it work with Res3, it's just getting the time to do it without faffing around with midi splitters or the such like (bit of a rewrite on the variable front). Keep you posted though squire.

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by Basic »

Tony_Blend wrote:
Basic wrote:Sounds good Tony, I need your help with Bomes sometime soon if thats cool! - I still need to get the APC20 working to my liking :)
I've got a rough idea on how to make it work with Res3, it's just getting the time to do it without faffing around with midi splitters or the such like (bit of a rewrite on the variable front). Keep you posted though squire.
cool, also some general help in workflow with bomes would be great. I just need to pick your brains at some point :) - in fact i'll skype you one time. Cheers Tony.
Resolume Avenue 3.3.3 - MBP i7, 8gb RAM - Snow Leopard (2010). Akai APC20

playform
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by playform »

Hey all :)
Quick question, just bought myself an apc40 and I tried the mapping/bome file from you Tony, works fine with just 'bome' :) Now I tried the files of Cozer and they shouldn't work without the 'midiox', now because of the midi in&out features in the latest arena everything does seem to go well more or less with 'bome' setup in the same way as Tony's file (midi ports activated) and with the apc set to generic mode instead of alt ableton. Is this possible? Oh and something else, there seems to be a 'play only when button is down' function activated in resolume how do I set this off?

Thanks in advance, Matt