FFGL start

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
kongo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

FFGL start

Post by kongo »

Hey Guys,

i have some questions regarding the FFGL effects. Did i get it right that i have full GL features in it so that i can draw GL objects and let them move to sound in resolume? So it is not only a filter anymore. Its goes more into Quartz and Flash direction? Can you guys give me a good startingpoint. Especially something about animating stuff would be helpfull. I thaught maybe beginning with openframeworks would be an easy way to get into it.

Thanks!

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: FFGL start

Post by Joris »

FFGL can indeed be used for sources as well, similar to how QC and Flash are handled.

It is however pretty low-level OpenGL, so there's no easy way to get into it. You need a basic understanding of OpenGL and C++ to get started.

For playing around, perhaps oF would indeed be a better and easier start point.

kongo

Post by kongo »

i have a basic knowledge of c++ and GL. I checked the examples and it looked not so hard.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

In that case, go for it! We'd love to see what you come up with!

kongo

Post by kongo »

is there a way to build the plugins on a 64bit linux? what do i have to change in the make file?
i changed this: CCPP = @g++ -m32
but seems not to work...

Joris

Post by Joris »

Hmmm. We don't use Linux at all, so I'm afraid we can't help you with that.

There's a few open source Linux based plugins on the repository though, so maybe that can help?