Continue playback during scaling

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
cvanhoose
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Continue playback during scaling

Post by cvanhoose »

I recently had a show, where I needed to scale up/down a couple of animated 3D logos. It was a very clean show, so it was noticeable. When I scaled the animations, they restarted playback to the beginning. Is there a way or a suggestion as a new feature to continue the playback during scaling?
Thanks in advance,
CVH
edit: this happened when enter the numerical adjustment
Last edited by cvanhoose on Mon Feb 11, 2013 16:43, edited 1 time in total.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Continue playback during scaling

Post by Joris »

If you're talking about scaling a video via parameter animation, this should not affect playback. Can you maybe record the interface when this is happening, so we can have a look?

cvanhoose

Post by cvanhoose »

I attempted with an example:
When adjusted with the slider, it continues playback for me. But when I enter a numerical adjustment and hit enter, it starts playback from the beginning.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

I see.

This shouldn't happen the first time you press Enter, it should then just close the numerical dialog box. When you press enter again after that, it *will* restart the clip (this is because the Shift + arrow keys and Enter allow you to navigate through the deck and trigger clips).

If you absolutely want to make sure this doesn't happen, just set the clip to 'continue playback on trigger' (momentarily if need be).

cvanhoose

Post by cvanhoose »

Thank you for the navigation tip and support. I could just click away after entering the digits as well. On another note: I am using an APC40, a rotary knob is assigned to the scaling parameter. Can I adjust the incremental values, to smooth out the scaling(positionXY). When I attempt to move a layer around it jumps to fast for my liking. I take the math into consideration, I use wide compositions and aware that my 6000px dont fit to the 0-127 values.

Joris

Post by Joris »

Sure, just set the incoming midi to relative and assign a smaller step value.

cvanhoose

Post by cvanhoose »

:shock: