Reset all FX on Layer

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
jens_lights
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Reset all FX on Layer

Post by jens_lights »

Hi there,
I am playing around with resolume, both Avenue and Arena, to see how this works for me. I see I can bring values back to default when hitting the right mouse click but is there a way to reset all FX on a layer at once?

Thanks for you help!

jens_lights

HerrNieDa
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Reset all FX on Layer

Post by HerrNieDa »

it is not built in but you can do this with an osc max msp patch or with a control button in touchOSC or Lemur
the problem is that the default value is not always the same, maybe a osc command is sent if you rightclick the mouse to get the default value, if not at least this should be implemented in resolume!
MainSys: Z77 UP5,3570K,32GB Ram,GTX 285, M3 128GB,4x3TB R5@LSI9750
VJSys 1: 990FX UD5,X6 1045T,16GB Ram,GTX970+610+610,M3 128GB,3x1TB R0
MBP 3.1; Schenker A102 (650m) & P702 (675m)

Rene

Post by Rene »

I'd also like to know how this could be done. Right now I use a button in my Lemur layout to trigger a couple of osc set parameter messages depending on the specific effect.

+1 for MIDI/OSC reset parameter(s) ideally per effect and per clip/layer/compositon (so all effects in the stack are reset)

jens_lights

Post by jens_lights »

Is there any plan to implement such a parameter reset feature? I want to use Resolume in a professional live environment where this is a crucial function.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

There are many ways to create an effect, so first of all we'd have to define what 'reset' actually means to you.

Reset all parameters to 0? Reset to their default value? And would that be the 'master' defaults for the effect, or the parameter settings the effect had when you used a preset to create the effect?

HerrNieDa

Post by HerrNieDa »

i would say the default value, the value of the preset sounds also nice (via osc you should be able to control presets like this, but a new interface for every preset is required) ... don't know which is more complicated!
also it would be nice to apply effects/presets via midi/osc
MainSys: Z77 UP5,3570K,32GB Ram,GTX 285, M3 128GB,4x3TB R5@LSI9750
VJSys 1: 990FX UD5,X6 1045T,16GB Ram,GTX970+610+610,M3 128GB,3x1TB R0
MBP 3.1; Schenker A102 (650m) & P702 (675m)

jens_lights

Post by jens_lights »

I mean reset back to default values. I need to be able to reset an entire layer (or an FX) by pressing a button on my MIDI board or by triggering a DMX channel. Hope that makes sense...

Rene

Post by Rene »

goto10 wrote:Reset all parameters to 0? Reset to their default value? And would that be the 'master' defaults for the effect, or the parameter settings the effect had when you used a preset to create the effect?
Good point, Joris. What happens when I right-click with the mouse? Effect default (like when I drag a new effect onto a clip), right?

So I also vote for a reset to default via MIDI/OSC. Per parameter and for all parameters (per effect).
Setting presets via OSC sounds also interesting, but it makes only sense if you can somehow query Resolume for the number of presets and their names (to be displayed in TouchOSC/Lemur)

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

As it stands now, Resolume will most likely have the transform properties as an effect in the future.

If we would then expose the effect preset dropdown to midi/osc/dmx, this would offer the most versatility while at the same time remaining intuitive.

How does that sound?

Rene

Post by Rene »

Hmm, accessible presets via MIDI/OSC sounds good! However, I would also like to be able to reset a single parameter instead of all parameters. "reset" could then mean reset to preset.

Example: An effect has 10 parameters; I change 2 of them, like the result; go to 2 other parameters, change, don't like the result and want to set these 2 back to preset(default). (undo would also do the trick - hehe ;-) )
goto10 wrote:As it stands now, Resolume will most likely have the transform properties as an effect in the future.
:) (Like)