Let's break a taboo - or why we should kill Bart !?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Let's break a taboo - or why we should kill Bart !?

Post by Rene »

Okay, first things first:
  1. We are not going to kill Bart!
  2. We are not going to kill Bart!!
  3. respect 1. and 2.
  4. but as the pope resigns, it's time to dare the impossible: discuss a taboo topic: the Resolume User Interface
To be fair, the Resolume UI is clean and simple, and has been changed/improved in the past. And it should stay (and become more) simple and intuitive.

I compiled this thread because I have 2 ideas on how the UI could be improved, which I would like to discuss here, and to collect all sorts of UI related stuff, which Resolume users would see as a beneficial improvement for Resolume 5 (or 6 or 7).

In the past there were some discussions on how the UI could be changed/improved. Some examples:

"Detach / enlarge transport control"
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9869#p38062
goto10 wrote:Resolume is not going to get a user definable interface any time soon. I'm not saying it's impossible, you would just have to kill Bart first. ;)
see 1., 2., and 3. !!! ;)

clip label colours
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9529
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7617
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7688

scrolling behaviour: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9785 (maybe not so important to others, as no one replied?!)

and there are some others, which I cannot find right now. (like detachable UI elements like in Photoshop)

Suggesetion 1) : Make it easier to change the size of the clip pane/ effect pane. On OSX you have to navigate the mouse to a very specific point (even a pixel?), then the cursor becomes an arrow, and it's possible to change the size. Can this be improved?

Suggestion 2) : Make applied effects more accessible. My UI screen is 1680x 1050 and with 3-5 layers of video there is only little space left for effects. Would it be possible to put effects on the right hand side (at the cost of visible clip columns), instead of putting them at the bottom? So I can see all (or a much as possible) effects applied.
Or maybe don't stack them vertically, instead put them horizontally next to each other?

I'm out to get some lightning protection!

bart
Team Resolume

Re: Let's break a taboo - or why we should kill Bart !?

Post by bart »

I'm out to get some lightning protection!
:lol:

We have already started planning version 5 and for sure the interface layout is going to be more flexible/user definable by docking the panels where you want.

For the rest of your requests: only photoshop mockups can convince me! ;-)

Stickygreen
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Stickygreen »

I'm waiting for the Touch Swipe Resolume interface....

actually this isn't a joke. Touch swipe is taking over, and I don't think it's a fad, or trend.

Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Rene »

And I'm waiting for a native iPad Resolume remote controller. ;)

In the meanwhile I'm working on my convincing Photoshop mockup for Bart.
To be posted soon on this channel. :geek: