Reset all FX on Layer

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
jens_lights
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Reset all FX on Layer

Post by jens_lights »

goto10 wrote:As it stands now, Resolume will most likely have the transform properties as an effect in the future.

If we would then expose the effect preset dropdown to midi/osc/dmx, this would offer the most versatility while at the same time remaining intuitive.

How does that sound?
Sounds interesting but would that give us the option to just reset a single effect as well?
How about just adding a " return to default" button to every effect in the dropdown list?
+1 for an Undo function

Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Rene »

jens_lights wrote:How about just adding a " return to default" button to every effect in the dropdown list?
+1 for an Undo function
Isn't there already a default preset for every effect?

I would support the idea of effect groups e.g. meta-effects with presets. As sometimes the desired result needs 2 or 3 effects with very specific parameter settings. So I end up with 3 presets Colorize: "Group1a", Mirror: "Group1b", and Goo: "Group1c" - but perhaps this should be in a separate thread. ;)

jens_lights

Post by jens_lights »

[/quote]Isn't there already a default preset for every effect?[/quote]

You can do a right mouse click on an effect parameter to get the value back to default but you can't trigger this setting over MIDI or DMX.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

How about just adding a " return to default" button
just
Please understand that making software is a complex process, and if you want a stable and reliable product, there is no such thing as 'just' doing something.

jens_lights

Post by jens_lights »

I meant "just" more in sense of an easy workflow option. I am aware that software development is a difficult process and takes it's time and from what I've seen you did a great job with Resolume so far :)