"Create Visuals with Resolume" And The Winner is:

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
Mahlzahn
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: "Create Visuals with Resolume" And The Winner is:

Post by Mahlzahn »

Congrats to the winners. I found the attempt to create such iconic work like the sad owl quite innovative. Learned some skills during this contest and something about different people in general. Thanks to all the participants. I was impressed by a lot of the clips and some of the "weaker" ones reminded me of the content I created when I was starting to build in resolue. So go and keep working and giveit to some audience. Special thanks to VJ Granda whos stuff I realy digged. Blowin man, and your sources seem so simple, but it´s the idea.
I´d loved to give our "dude" which you can see in our short promo vid at http://lumalama.wix.com/lumalama some more round shapes with mapping of arena, but I´ll find a solution.

So long, Mahlzahn

Sadler
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Sadler »

Congrats to everyone.

Might I take this opportunity to suggest that Resolume users be given the facility to rename clips and to choose the thumbnail - having a whole deck of lines and solids doesn't make it easy to find the great visuals you've assembled.

[img]effects_deck.png[/img]
Attachments
effects_deck.png

Mahlzahn

Post by Mahlzahn »

Sadler wrote:Congrats to everyone.

Might I take this opportunity to suggest that Resolume users be given the facility to rename clips and to choose the thumbnail - having a whole deck of lines and solids doesn't make it easy to find the great visuals you've assembled.
Yeah, I think it would be quite handy if the different solids are shown in their adjusted colour at least. I used to prebuild my clips in resolume and then load the clips I needed into the set. Now I ask myself the question how I can combine different composition in one so I could easily switch between them, even though many layers are activated in both of them. Is this possible? This would be great cause resolume seems to be much faster and stable playing source content then with video integration.

Bioluumi
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Bioluumi »

Well that came out of the blue. Huge thanks to the judges and huge congrats to Blend Visuals! :D The contest was really fun and educative experience, I hadn't really even looked at the simple line generator before last week. Sharing the compositions was a great idea, that's something we should keep doing even after the competition :)

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

Congraaaaaaats folks!
It was a nice challenge...I think... we all are now a bit more skilled like before! :)

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetz
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Sadler wrote:Might I take this opportunity to suggest that Resolume users be given the facility to rename clips and to choose the thumbnail - having a whole deck of lines and solids doesn't make it easy to find the great visuals you've assembled.
Totally agree! Updating the clip thumbnail is on our todo for the next major version.

You can rename the clip on the clip panel.

psychodalien

Post by psychodalien »

Thank you guys for sharing your work - that was a really helpful workshop! It's nice to understand that I'm not as cool VJ as I seemed to be in my own eyes. I analyzed a few compositions and came to a conclusion that I don't understand what was the way of thinking of some particular participant when he was making his piece. This contest broke boundaries in my head regarding, in particular, drawing pictures in Resolume. That's why it's a pity that aguadulce's picture wasn't even noted in this thread - but he was first who introduced the idea viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10134&start=60#p39628 of the cartoon. Anyway, congratulations to winners, and thanks to creators of this marvellous visual synth!
And less is more, that's true.

Sadler
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Sadler »

bart wrote:Totally agree! Updating the clip thumbnail is on our todo for the next major version.
Excellent!
bart wrote:You can rename the clip on the clip panel.
Doh! I think I might have known this in the dim and distant past. Instead I tried clicking(double, right etc) on the clips in the deck thinking I could rename them like decks. I also read the manual thinking I'd missed something.

Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Rene »

Congratulations to the winners !!

So many awesome videos, and lessons learnt (thanks to the source files) - thank you all!

Hypnotist

Post by Hypnotist »

Just tested this idea with my laptop... It is old. i3 1,2GHz / 4GB / some radeon...

after adding big pile of random effects to line source I finally managed to drop fps to ~30 with resolution of 720*480

o.O

this means that now I don't have to take iMac to every gig <3

Only thing that comes in mind, is that it would be nice to have possibility to save those clips as presets.
------------------------------------------------
http://ljhypnotist.com
iMac 12.2, 3,4GHz/16GB/HD6970m 2GB/TB SSD-raid/DH2go
Arena 4, Modul8, Arkaos, MAX, QC, Unity3d, Madmapper
Launchpad,Maschine, RemoteZero SL, Bitstream 3x