Is there a 64-bit DXV codec?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Atonix
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Is there a 64-bit DXV codec?

Post by Atonix »

Hello there, and thanks for coming to help a newbie out.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit on a Radeon HD 6900 Series graphics card with 14gb of RAM and a quad core Intel running at 2.90 ghz.

I have been trying to get the DXV codec to work all day on my system to no avail. Is the codec even made for 64-bits systems?

Thanks again,

Atonix.

EDIT:

I added pictures to show that I have Quicktime in the right place, with the codec in the file. But still no codec!
http://i.imgur.com/ZRv8YtJ.png?1 http://i.imgur.com/bIvnIGr.png?1

arindamliveguitar
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Is there a 64-bit DXV codec?

Post by arindamliveguitar »

Uninstall QuickTime and install the QT lite version and place the DXVWindows.qtx file again in the QTSystem folder and see if that helps. Don't know about Adobe Media Encoder but the above steps work perfectly with MPEGStreamclip
http://www.filehippo.com/download_quick ... ternative/

Atonix
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Atonix »

That did it! Thank you very much for your help!

arindamliveguitar

Cool! Happy VJ'ing :)

NexusVisions
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by NexusVisions »

arindamliveguitar wrote:Uninstall QuickTime and install the QT lite version and place the DXVWindows.qtx file again in the QTSystem folder and see if that helps. Don't know about Adobe Media Encoder but the above steps work perfectly with MPEGStreamclip
http://www.filehippo.com/download_quick ... ternative/
i was having the same problem of the codec not showing in mpegstreamclip, i did that and nows it shows, i converted one .avi to .mov with the dxv and everything looks fine but when i try to play it in resolume arena is all black and one thing is the file in .avi is more than 1 gb and the converted one is only 20 mb? what i am missing? thanx so much at least now is converting them to dxv codec now y need to figured out why is not playing at all...

arindamliveguitar

the file in .avi is more than 1 gb and the converted one is only 20 mb
This is because DXV is an uncompressed intraframe codec. Every frame is compressed individually and stored in its entirety.Hence bitrates are high even for small video file sizes. So you will get file sizes after conversion that are huge but apart from eating more hard drive space it does not cause any other inconvenience playback wise.Rather it enhances the performance of Resolume for playing back your clips.
i converted one .avi to .mov with the dxv and everything looks fine but when i try to play it in resolume arena is all black
Is this happening with every video file that you are converting? Or only one specific file? Sometimes i also have problems like this with certain files but generally conversions are seamless.

NexusVisions

Post by NexusVisions »

arindamliveguitar wrote:
the file in .avi is more than 1 gb and the converted one is only 20 mb
This is because DXV is an uncompressed intraframe codec. Every frame is compressed individually and stored in its entirety.Hence bitrates are high even for small video file sizes. So you will get file sizes after conversion that are huge but apart from eating more hard drive space it does not cause any other inconvenience playback wise.Rather it enhances the performance of Resolume for playing back your clips.
i converted one .avi to .mov with the dxv and everything looks fine but when i try to play it in resolume arena is all black
Is this happening with every video file that you are converting? Or only one specific file? Sometimes i also have problems like this with certain files but generally conversions are seamless.
thanx bro that makes sense, yes i just converted a .mov with jpeg codec to dxv and works fine, the one i couldnt is an .avi made with FRAPS and is uncompressed, so what i need to do is first compressed the file with any codec and then convert to dxv right?

arindamliveguitar

Yeah those kinds of workarounds work most of the time. When i face any clip conversion problems with MPEGStreamclip, i convert the file to mov using Media Converter and then reconvert the converted file using MPEGStreamclip. A bit of a hassle but it works. In any case ,problems like these don't happen that often.

NexusVisions

Post by NexusVisions »

thanx bro, actually it works that way but there's some quality lost, well now its time to experiment with codecs and see which one is the best to convert to dxv, i dont have any problem running resolume non dxv videos like that .avi uncompressed 1.2gb file it really runs smooth, well i have a very decent machine thought, 16gb ram and 500GB hdd@7200rpm i7 ASUS 1gb gt540m Nvidia

subpixel

Post by subpixel »

arindamliveguitar wrote:... i convert the file to mov using Media Converter and then reconvert the converted file using MPEGStreamclip. A bit of a hassle but it works. ...
Transcoding already takes way too long (I don't tend to use short loops). Having to transcode twice is ridiculous. MPEGStreamclip is a great product from a sole developer (is this the case?) but it is not well maintained / advanced and creates a serious bottleneck.