problem create composition with 6 Led column

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
adamix86
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

problem create composition with 6 Led column

Post by adamix86 »

Hi, I'm working with Resolume 4.1.4 and a ledwall subdivided into 6 column (its a 6x3 ledwall with 576x288px resolution).
I've created a standard 640x480composition that output windowed directly to ledwall control card(stretched with advanced output settings). Image was correctly displayed and splitted. Now I want to create a "cut image" effects to compensate the space between columns and recreate a "view through windows" effects. There's some settings or effects to recreate this effect?

vj granda
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: problem create composition with 6 Led column

Post by vj granda »

Hello Adamix86,

first of all, the better is to run the latest Resolume Version, 4.1.6. Why are you running an older version?

The subject of your post is a little confusing, for What I can read on it, you don't have any problem creating a composition with 6 Led column, You want to know how to achieve a concrete look, Isn't It?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

It's an interesting question, and actually what the Advanced Output of Arena was designed for.

Let's assume a relatively simple setup:
-4 vertical LED tiles, each 192x384
-Placed next to each other in the processor, in a 1024x768 output.
-Placed next to each other in the real world, with a similar sized gap between them
-Our source content is in a 1920x1080 comp.

This means that we would need 7 identical horizontal tiles to recreate our real world setup ( 4 for the tiles, 3 for the gaps between them ).

This would mean our input slices have to be 1920/7 =~ 274 pixels wide. Since the tiles have 1x2 aspect ratio, they would need to be 274*2 = 548 pixels high.

Place these input tiles horizontally across your comp, leaving space for the gaps. Place them vertically centered, so the center of your comp stays the center of your output as well.

In the output, simply resize them to 192x384 (the size they have in the LED processor), and place them next to each other.
InputSelection.png
OutputTransformation.png
On an actual job, you're probably not going to have the same sized gaps as tiles, so the math becomes a little more complicated. In general it's the same principle though, and you can usually judge it by eye.

adamix86
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by adamix86 »

@vj granda: I don't use 4.1.6 because has a critical bug for me linked with autopilot on static image. (I've told to resolume's support team about this bug). Today I tried 4.1.5 (that doesn't have this bug) at home with success.
Sorry for my bad explanation, but my english isn't so good.. and problem isnt so symple.

Thanks goto10... I think Its a nice solution..

now, if I want that only a layer ouptut with this column-cap-setup? I've tried this setup at home...

- 640x480 composition (all my fotage are in this resolution, so I don't have to fit every fotage (it would be nice to have an option to enebla auto-fit every fotage when it's import into a layer)
- a real output of 576x288px into the sender box (that control ledwall)
- 6 column with 96x288px resolution
- 7 slices, 6 with 80x480px (i've approximated the gap between columns because it could change at every show, but I think it should be ok) and 1 that fill entire composition
- set a specific layer (layer 5 in my specific settings) into the first six column-slices input source
- leave composition sources to the 7th slice
- into output trasformation put correctly every slices

saturday night I have another show and I'll try on stage.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Your LED columns are 96x288 (1:3 ratio), but you're sending it 80x480 (1:6) ratio. This means that all content is going to look squished on the LED. For instance when you play something with circles, they'll look like pancakes.

If you don't care about this sort of thing, you're all good though.
it would be nice to have an option to enebla auto-fit every fotage when it's import into a layer
Enable the Layer Width and Height parameters: https://resolume.com/manual/en/r4/layer ... properties