AKAI APC 40 and Resolume Avenue

Bro, does your rig even lift?
theLABVisuals
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: AKAI APC 40 and Resolume Avenue

Post by theLABVisuals »

playform wrote:There seems to be a 'play only when button is down' function activated in resolume how do I set this off?
It sounds like you have the piano checkbox activated. Have a look under MIDI mappings, and once you've selected the area to be mapped it should highlight.
Introducing ARC - The APC40 mkII Extender.
ARC brings you 640 clip triggers, 128 Faders, 128 Track pots, 80 Scene launch, 16 foot switches and more.
https://www.theapc40extender.co.uk

clanoue
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by clanoue »

So i have read every single post on this forum with anything todo with MIDI translators and APC40's. But i have a question.

I can map everything I want just fine without any translator except for 1 thing.

I want my clip bank to have 2 pages. I appears that lots of people have been able to do this in Bome's.

Has anyone got it to work with MIDI pipe or can you do this with OSCulator? I am running Resolume 4.1.4

Also does anyone know of a way to have resolume send out data to my APC 40, I want all clips to light up the APC 40 green if there is a clip in that space and turn orange as it fades and green when it is playing.

I pretty much want it to work like Grand VJ's native support does.

Daniel
Team Resolume

Post by Daniel »

I'm personally rolling with the APC 20 and I'm enjoying it a lot!

However after playing with it a while (with bome's midi controller included) I started to encounter some problems and maybe you guys can help me out.

- First of all the Track Selection buttons aren't working for me (mapping) and forget about using them with bome midi translator. Does anybody have the same problem? Is there a workaround?

- The last but not least. I simply want that all buttons light up, even when they are off. And simply react to resolume. But with Bome's there is no option (or couldn't find it) where you can asign a light/funtion when it is on the off state. Ones again, if there is a solution for this, what is it?

NexusVisions
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by NexusVisions »

El Rayo wrote:I'm personally rolling with the APC 20 and I'm enjoying it a lot!

However after playing with it a while (with bome's midi controller included) I started to encounter some problems and maybe you guys can help me out.

- First of all the Track Selection buttons aren't working for me (mapping) and forget about using them with bome midi translator. Does anybody have the same problem? Is there a workaround?

- The last but not least. I simply want that all buttons light up, even when they are off. And simply react to resolume. But with Bome's there is no option (or couldn't find it) where you can asign a light/funtion when it is on the off state. Ones again, if there is a solution for this, what is it?
try the new versions of resolume there's no need of Bome's for the apc20/40
;)

Daniel
Team Resolume

Post by Daniel »

NexusVisions wrote:
El Rayo wrote:I'm personally rolling with the APC 20 and I'm enjoying it a lot!

try the new versions of resolume there's no need of Bome's for the apc20/40
;)
I only get that they go off when they aren't active and green when they are active. What I'm trying to achieve is that they go red when they go off, but I'm not able to get that to work.

theLABVisuals

Post by theLABVisuals »

You'll want to either wait for a small programme coming up by Alfaleader (see vjforums) or get Bomes really.
http://www.weareblend.co.uk/?p=835
Introducing ARC - The APC40 mkII Extender.
ARC brings you 640 clip triggers, 128 Faders, 128 Track pots, 80 Scene launch, 16 foot switches and more.
https://www.theapc40extender.co.uk

alfaleader

Post by alfaleader »

BETA RELEASE APC20/APC40 Program

Some of you might know me for my APC Bomes patch (was the first to post the many used bomes patch here). Now I have a new program in C++ that should give a lot more functions. So here is the first beta release of my new APC20 / APC40 application with a lot more functions for resolume:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/275 ... 20lite.zip

Some functions:
-2 banks, so you can access clip 1->16
-a fadermode so you can use a button collumn as fader for effects.
-BPM button that flashes with the BPM
-visual indicators to see what layers are active

The version now is mac only but will soon release the windows version. This version also quits after 10 minutes, the final version will be paid.

cvanhoose
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by cvanhoose »

CRASH CRASH CRASH
Resolume does not see the data
correct midi/osc configurations in setups
mbpR 15" 650m

alfaleader

Post by alfaleader »

Did my program crash?
Please give some more information so I can try to fix it.

UPDATE: the release version is going to be released in september (I'm currently having examns so don't have time now). The price will be around 20€, the money is going to be spend on new midi controllers so I can make new Resolume programs (Ableton Push would be very very cool!)

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

clanoue wrote:So i have read every single post on this forum with anything todo with MIDI translators and APC40's. But i have a question.

I can map everything I want just fine without any translator except for 1 thing.

I want my clip bank to have 2 pages. I appears that lots of people have been able to do this in Bome's.

Has anyone got it to work with MIDI pipe or can you do this with OSCulator? I am running Resolume 4.1.4

Also does anyone know of a way to have resolume send out data to my APC 40, I want all clips to light up the APC 40 green if there is a clip in that space and turn orange as it fades and green when it is playing.

I pretty much want it to work like Grand VJ's native support does.

I bring up this old tread, becouse i own an apc40 now ;) i played around and i think i can do all i want / need it i just keep trying... but

i have the same question like in the quote...

How is this possible... without or with any extra programm... or just not becouse resolume doesnt send any files to the interface....
thats all so far =)
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~