One big Screen with multiple beamers and one output (layer)

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
toby
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

One big Screen with multiple beamers and one output (layer)

Post by toby »

Hello everybody,

I already searched in this forum but unfortunatelly didnt found any advice yet. I really would appreciate if someone has an idea! :)

The situation is the following: I am a Newbie with Resolume and I have to prepare some footage for a live show. Actually its not a VJ-Show, its more that I am producing footage which has to be screened during the performance like a scenery/backdrop for a theatre/dance performance.

My question is: The screen size will be 40ft x 9ft. That means one beamer (if its not a "Barco" or "Christie") wouldnt be enough, so I guess I need at least two up to three projectors (EB-Z8350W) to fill this huge screen with my output picture.

My Question: What is the best way to realize that? Will a Matrox Dual/or Triplehead 2 go be the right choice? Which settings I should choose to get the best result?

Again: Its one output picture for a huge screen, I dont need several layers screened on several screens.

Any ideas? :)

Thank you very much!!!

All the very best,

Tobi

LXConcepts
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: One big Screen with multiple beamers and one output (lay

Post by LXConcepts »

You'll probably need at least 2 projectors to cover that surface with enough extra space to blend properly
Lighting and media server design

deepvisual

Post by deepvisual »

this kind of problem is too difficult for beginners as you'll need to color match 3 projectors and do the blends
if you dont mind it looking awful, have a go, but if it needs to look ok, find someone experienced to help you.

toby

Post by toby »

LXConcepts wrote:You'll probably need at least 2 projectors to cover that surface with enough extra space to blend properly
thank you very much! :) Yes I know that I need at least two projectors. I just needed to know how I can do that. If this is a setting on the additional hardware (matrox) or if I have to set that in Resolume itself. :?:

toby

Post by toby »

deepvisual wrote:this kind of problem is too difficult for beginners as you'll need to color match 3 projectors and do the blends
if you dont mind it looking awful, have a go, but if it needs to look ok, find someone experienced to help you.
On location I will have someone who is experienced with projectors. My question is, what kind of settings I have to set in Resolume? I will just have one video-output. thank you very much! :)

LXConcepts

Post by LXConcepts »

If you just have one output no special settings are really required in resolume. Send the full signal to whatever output you'd like
Lighting and media server design

toby

Post by toby »

LXConcepts wrote:If you just have one output no special settings are really required in resolume. Send the full signal to whatever output you'd like
thank you very much! :!: :)

deepvisual

Post by deepvisual »

just remember, your output will have the proportions of a video format ( or multiples thereof if you use a matrox), say 16:9 while your screen is 40:9
you can fix this quite easily in the advanced output if you have Arena.

toby

Post by toby »

deepvisual wrote:just remember, your output will have the proportions of a video format ( or multiples thereof if you use a matrox), say 16:9 while your screen is 40:9
you can fix this quite easily in the advanced output if you have Arena.
yeah, I thought about that. I prepared everything in 16:9 in 1280 x 720, so I defenatelly have to crop the top and the bottom until it fits. that would be ok. I mean, when I use a matrox 2go, do I have to care any special settings in Resolume? I'm really sorry for that. I know I am a total Newbie with Resolume but in this case I have to find a solution for it very soon. :)

thank you very much!!!

deepvisual

Post by deepvisual »

just set the output in your OS to match the matrox res.
I'd make the comp the same size too for ease of use.