presets for in/out

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

presets for in/out

Post by Rene »

Like the cue points, would it be possilbe to have different presets for in and out points - which can be linked to cue points. Goal would be to play only certain sections of a clip. Similar to the BeatLoopr, but for timeline mode and a bit more flexible to set in and out.

ReggieUnderground
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: presets for in/out

Post by ReggieUnderground »

For the effort involved, I think it would be easier to have multiple instances of the clip in your deck or just clip out your file into smaller pieces.

Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Rene »

Multiple clips are not as versatile and flexible. Imagine a DJ who has to cut a track into sub-tracks instead of using the looper of the mixer/controller. What if you need to change the length of the loop in a live situation? With multiple clips you need to replicate all the effects and settings. If you change e.g. the scale, you have to apply this change to all other sub-tracks.

Maybe the transport tab is the wring place. I'm looking for something which allows me to flexibly define a subpart/area of a clip to be played. Maybe another tab like the BeatLoopr called "Loopr", where you have 8 presets with parameters "in" and "out" and a trigger to enable/disable the loop would do the trick.

ReggieUnderground
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by ReggieUnderground »

I see. Currently that would probably have to be an expansion of the Cue Point feature. It sounds like Resolume 5 will have an overhaul of the timeline so perhaps there will be some functionality like this.