Understanding Multi Display Devices Right

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Understanding Multi Display Devices Right

Post by pfelberg »

I know that Resolume uses only one GPU for video processing, no matter how many video cards you own or if they some are SLI connected.
I know that when using a tripple head it actually splits one display device total resolution between three screens.

What I would like to know is:
- how a single video card with 4 outputs work; if I use the three remaining outputs for a projection, will each be able to display the card's full resolution available, like three distinct video cards would?
- If that is the case and I own two or three video cards; if I decide to use all output available, how will Arena handle the video procesing (FPS and smooth) considering it will use just one of the GPUs available?

Tks.

pfelberg

Re: Understanding Multi Display Devices Right

Post by pfelberg »

30+ views and no comments so far?
guys, please?
Joris?

fruitygreen
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

GPU muscle

Post by fruitygreen »

pfelberg wrote:- how a single video card with 4 outputs work; if I use the three remaining outputs for a projection, will each be able to display the card's full resolution available, like three distinct video cards would?
Depends on that Video Card's GPU muscle. Kinda depends on the card and its published features.
I once used a Video card that disables certain resolution if the card is not on a particular bus speed.

You going to have to read your manual and/or try it out.
Many factors for an absolute answer.

pfelberg

Re: Understanding Multi Display Devices Right

Post by pfelberg »

I see.
But let's assume we are talking about top cards. In theory, even if it is not possible to use its full res in all output connections, it will not going to split it as a triple head, will it?

thanks a lot for your comments.