audio SDI

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
vjsmad
Is taking Resolume on a second date

audio SDI

Post by vjsmad »

hello everyone
i have a simple question. I use ultrastudio blackmagic card for realtime acquisition in avenue. works perfectly for the picture but i need to get also the sound which is embedded in the picture and i dont see the audio menu for the BM card use as source in resolume . seems maybe a soft update por correct that .

I try something else , ,use an external soound card as analog input . I can use it to get sound and make the parameter react on the level of the sound but i can't use it as source and hear the sound in resolume .
any ideas ?

i use mac version

thanks

cvanhoose
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: audio SDI

Post by cvanhoose »

I use this card. Have you switched your audio output settings in the Audio preference pane to BM? Under system preferences in OSX.

vjsmad

Post by vjsmad »

hi
if i choose black magic audio input in preference audio
it doesn't stay validate and return to build in audio mic .
for output the sound output by hdmi out of the retina .
I use a camcorder with SDI output and so sound coming from the microphone
is embedded in SDI signal so I plug it into black magic card for acquisition in resolume
in real time . when I grab the ultra studio as source
into a layer I have the picture but not the sound .

sleepytom
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by sleepytom »

Use a de-embedder to get analogue audio into your standard line-in. Or better ask the sound guys for a direct feed from the desk. Using a mic for FFT audio response is bad as your audio feed will be delayed and so your effects will be behind the sound.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Currently embedded sound coming from a capture source is not accesible in Resolume for FFT, nor can it be routed to Resolume's audio output.

This is on the radar though.

Isse

Post by Isse »

Joris wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2013 15:29 Currently embedded sound coming from a capture source is not accesible in Resolume for FFT, nor can it be routed to Resolume's audio output.

This is on the radar though.
Hey Joris, is this solved now?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Isse wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 03:49 Hey Joris, is this solved now?
Have you tried it?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Isse

Post by Isse »

OK my findings are

I used the ultrastudio 4k and hyperdeck studio pro 2 (both thunderbolt) and I can chose 1 ov 16 sdi audio channels as external fft input.

Would love if I could get more channels in anyway, is that possible? I would need 4 channels external fft, I know this could be possible using another software as bridge/trigger but I would prefer to get direct input to resolume.

Does the 7 feature more options for the fft?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Currently Resolume only supports a stereo input for audio, I believe more channels is on the future roadmap but no clue on how long it might be until that is implemented.

Isse

Post by Isse »

Arvol wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 15:28 Currently Resolume only supports a stereo input for audio, I believe more channels is on the future roadmap but no clue on how long it might be until that is implemented.
as an external fft I can onlu add 1 channel, not 2.