Projector Projection Area

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Projector Projection Area

Post by pfelberg »

This usually happen to me:
Lets say I am runnig a full hd projector.
My mac second display output is matching projector' s resolution.
Projector is positioned so the blue menu display screen is bigger than the mapping surface, so it is just a matter of closing edges in.
But when the mac is connected, mac o.s. second display, which is matching the projector's resolution, is already projecting an image smaller than the projector full capability — the blue screen.
why is that? what am I missing?
tks

gabonacorp
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Projector Projection Area

Post by gabonacorp »

what macintosh maschine are you useing?

if you are in a non-retina macbook pro, or air, and if you connect the projector your displays are mirrored, than the projector gets the normal display resolution, for example a 2010 mid 13' macbook pro in mirrored mode gives 1280x800px.

just an idea.

pfelberg

Post by pfelberg »

This is not it.
It is not a retina model indeed. Mine is from 2011 I guess.
But it is not mirrowed anyway.

That reminds me some overscan feature on PC that there isn´t such thing on the mac I could find so far.

LXConcepts

Post by LXConcepts »

are you sure the projectors resolution doesn't change when you send it signal? The blue screen (typically 'no signal) isn't always the same size as what you've set it's resolution to be
Lighting and media server design

deepvisual

Post by deepvisual »

this can happen for a variety of reasons, depending on the make of projector, which you dont mention.

a factory reset is a good place to start as you may be using previous size settings.
many projectors will use an 'actual size' set up for input signals which is often less than the projector raster
ie you send 1920x1080, but the projector is actually 1920x1200
you can stretch your signal to fit in the menu - usually there is a fit/fill screen option.

pfelberg

Post by pfelberg »

LXConcepts wrote:are you sure the projectors resolution doesn't change when you send it signal? The blue screen (typically 'no signal) isn't always the same size as what you've set it's resolution to be
Doesn´t seem to change its resolution. I´ll keep an eye on that.

pfelberg

Post by pfelberg »

deepvisual wrote:this can happen for a variety of reasons, depending on the make of projector, which you dont mention.

a factory reset is a good place to start as you may be using previous size settings.
many projectors will use an 'actual size' set up for input signals which is often less than the projector raster
ie you send 1920x1080, but the projector is actually 1920x1200
you can stretch your signal to fit in the menu - usually there is a fit/fill screen option.
Will check this out. Thank you guys.

disconappete

Post by disconappete »

factory reset, then focus your projo with an internal grid/pattern(this will show your the full raster of the projo, then send it a grid from your resolume machine, I load one in and "scale to fit comp. alternatively, use the resolume test card since it is scaled. lastly, if the factory reset did not work check your scaling on the projo, this should have been reset on factory reset.