Question

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
ab3d
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Question

Post by ab3d »

:)

Hello community would like to know if there is any way that from Resolume Arena, can play a video from eg frame 0 to 100 based on the audio beat.
In Modul8, there is a module that allows this, but in Resolume, i didn´t find any freeframe to do it. and I need an animated 3D head move his lips with the sound captured from a microphone, Thank you.
AB3D ID Design
Puerto Madryn, Chubut, Patagonia Argentina
Desk: FX 8350 / 16GB DDR3 1866 / R280 / Syncmaster T260
Lap: Core i7 / 8 GB DDR3 1600 / Intel HD 4000
http://vimeo.com/ab3d

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Question

Post by Joris »

If I understand correctly, you want to have the timeline react to FFT? In that case I'm afraid that this is not currently possible in Resolume.

Sadler
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Sadler »

It can be done in a limited sense using IR ClipSA.

Just set the Step 1 to Audio FFT, Set Layer and Clip #. Good with UV meters and growing things.

ab3d

Post by ab3d »

Sadler wrote:It can be done in a limited sense using IR ClipSA.

Just set the Step 1 to Audio FFT, Set Layer and Clip #. Good with UV meters and growing things.
I tried as you said but the video does not play automatically with IR ClipSA. what I'm basically is this, suppose we have a video of a bumetro where frame 0 is in two bars and at frame 100 have some deformation, what I'm looking for is that through some mechanism of software or some plugin this video is played in 100 or with low decibel audio will move a little higher decibels and be encouraged even more. thank you very much for your reply .. I'm currently using the 4.1.7 arena

something like this

AB3D ID Design

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

Maybe your Video is a bad example but :
for this u just need to put the external audio source to your wanted effect ( in your video the scale ?! )
if u dont know were to find this check attachment image

to combine the sound to the speed / transport of the clip is so far not possible i think...
Attachments
Click on ( here Black on white) triangle next to the parameter you want to change, then chose source
Click on ( here Black on white) triangle next to the parameter you want to change, then chose source
extern audio.png (59.79 KiB) Viewed 10629 times
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

ab3d

Post by ab3d »

Yes, sorry, it's a bad example, just wanted to illustrate what the extern audio source, but not to apply the effect of the video, because if I can do it with the scale, opacity, etcetera. I want the audio play my video, ie if we put a video of 100 frames and convert the frames on a scale of 0 to 100, I want the audio to move the line of play, between 0 and 100 depending on the sound, as it does with the opacity or scale but with the reproduction itself.
Thank you very much! :D
AB3D ID Design

Sadler

Post by Sadler »

OK, here's a screencast (excuse the shouting)

Here's another example closer to what you're describing using a processing patch

ab3d

Post by ab3d »

First of all, thank you all for answering and seek information, but nothing has worked for me posted, I'm wondering if it has to do with the version of resolume and Plugin IRClip have since performed all steps of the two videos and even a third of the official website of the Plugin, the values ​​of the steps move in allusion to the sound being input from the microphone, but the video is fixed, or do loop continuously. I have tried all forms of reproduction and videos made in 3ds max, in cinema, etc.. all with H264 plugin and nothing but the values ​​tend not react and the video I saw a soft external midi port that emulates a wavelock called, but when I run the error kicks me, so here I am lost. haha
Thank you very much to all. and well I'm gonna have to buy a mac and modul 8, to solve this, because I need to perform a mapping and perform this effect if, or if.
Thank you. :ugeek:
AB3D ID Design

Sadler

Post by Sadler »

OK before you splash out here's a list of simple steps you should try:

1. Enable OSC in
2. Add IR ClipSA to Composition
3. Make sure you have 2 panel view so that Comp and Clip are visible
4. Set Layer# and Clip# in IR ClipSA to the footage
5. Set Step 1 to Audio FFT

I personally wouldn't use H264- use DVX or MJPEG.

ab3d

Post by ab3d »

Sadler wrote:OK before you splash out here's a list of simple steps you should try:

1. Enable OSC in
2. Add IR ClipSA to Composition
3. Make sure you have 2 panel view so that Comp and Clip are visible
4. Set Layer# and Clip# in IR ClipSA to the footage
5. Set Step 1 to Audio FFT

I personally wouldn't use H264- use DVX or MJPEG.
Thank you very much! Sadler & Others really works perfect, only fataba apply within the menu ¨ ¨ clip to keep everything according to the composition that made the IR works perfectly, thank you very much, and after February 2'll upload the video to youtube, with thanks to that responfieron this post to see what they're two crazy capases to do in a month's work. Thank you very much from Argentina :mrgreen: :D
AB3D ID Design