How many video cards/instances of resolume can I run on one pc?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Kevin_

Post by Kevin_ »

We wanna use this coolest of software to drive 10 monitors. Does anyone have experience running more than one instance of resolume on the same pc simultaneously? I don't need to run video so much as a series of stills keyed off different midi channels. I'd like to run 3 or 4 instances off a pc because I only have three pc's available for the gig. I'm figuring on getting a few more pci cards and going from there. TIA,Kevin

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

ah this would be very interesting ;-)

if you do try to run multiple instances please install resolume in different directories to make sure they don,t get in conflict writing the preferences files and such ...

let me know how it does! and if you run into problems we might be able to help ...

Kevin_

Post by Kevin_ »

Well I installed resolume in three different directories and tried to run one instance of each. It worked ok with two, but when it got to the third, I got--"Exception Ewin32 error in module Resolume.exe at 0000d68c win 32 Error code 87 The parameter is incorrect." We are running win98 se. If there is any way for you to make it possible to run three or more copies off one box, well life would be a dream! Please advise. Many Thanks, Kevin

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

it is possible to run two instances of Resolume in win 98. But when you start the third the system runs out of system and GDI resources. In win2k or winxp you won't have that problem because the resource management is different from '98. Anyway i succeeded in running 7 instances of resolume under win2k and i havent' even tried to start more.
have a look a this screenshot so you know i am not kiddin.
screenshot

So your dream will not come true unless you start using win2k or xp..

cheers

Kevin_

Post by Kevin_ »

that screen shot is music to my eyes. I guess any old pci cards should work, because the resolution only needs be 640 by 480. Which platform will be best for multiple cards/monitors 2k or xp?

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

note that you have to run the interface on the cheapo pci card and runn the fullscreen video on the fast agp videocard ...