Resolume Controller Concept

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Resolume Controller Concept

Post by Joris »

Well, we certainly see the appeal of a branded Res controller, and agree that there is no model currently out there which is a 100% match for Resolume's workflow.

Having said that, we are also aware that making hardware is a completely different ballgame from making software. A prototype is very easily made. Most people forget that to provide a decent product with proper support, warranty repair channels, replacement logistics and everything that comes with it, is not so easy and costs a lot of money and time.

That's why we don't do it ourselves, and unless your last name is Akai or Korg we also won't officially lend the Resolume name to your project. If you purchase something with the name Resolume on it, we want you to have a good experience using that product, and have the best support possible when it fails on you. The chances of a 'kickstarter' company not being able to provide that are just too big.

Having said that, we love seeing these prototypes, and we encourage everyone to keep thinking, sketching and pushing things forward. Maybe one day!

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by Basic »

Thanks for this Joris. Completely understand and I remember what happened with the Activ8.
Resolume Avenue 3.3.3 - MBP i7, 8gb RAM - Snow Leopard (2010). Akai APC20

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

Thank you Rawdesigns....for inspiring me so much..that I tried to create my own version of a resolume controller.

I posted detailed information in another topic...: midi controller topic

greeetings
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

rawdesigns
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by rawdesigns »

cosmowe wrote:Thank you Rawdesigns....for inspiring me so much..that I tried to create my own version of a resolume controller.

I posted detailed information in another topic...: midi controller topic

greeetings
cosmowe
daymn! looks great i love the design nice job! :o

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

Thanks Raw,
to hear that from you is a great honour.

greets
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

skulpture
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by skulpture »

Both of these are amazing designs!

najrock
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by najrock »

its all about using a lighting console to control your media server...

programming fade times alone is worth the extra effort for me... also bringing up cuestacks for songs on the console beats the shit out of scrolling through a clip deck...

there are many advantages... as well as many "cheap" consoles

janji
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by janji »

Joris wrote:
Be interesting to see what the Res peeps thinks.
Would you like to know our thoughts on having a controller built especially for Resolume, or on the layout of this specific concept?
i would like to know your thoughts

hive8
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by hive8 »

Hi guys just to chip in I will be developing a midi controller for resolume this year. I would also like to add motorized faders and so on. I really like this concept and we could even add more to it like LED strip on the faders to show the position, little OLED screen on top of the faders and so on.

I have a CNC lathe and a CNC mill, which is able to cut out housings and things needed, if people would be interested, lets make this a group project for 2016, I would love to do that as a group.

I am a robotic engineer and can handle most of it, help is always needed. Most help would be in the electronics department hardware. Software programming i can handle too, put any help would be really great.

Maybe if it is possible we can integrate it really tight with resolume.

Please reply here with your info or send me a PM so we could get started on the design and ideas.
I have no problem putting in the money for the prototype or prototypes.

So far i use Solidworks and HSMworks for CAM, maybe use a Raspberry PI 2 for the electronics, any suggestions are welcome.
HIVE 8 | Quantum Laser | http://www.hive8.com