Noob here ...

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
theLABVisuals
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Noob here ...

Post by theLABVisuals »

Just an old man rant ... I'm amazed at how many "I'm a noob here with a question ... I've got Resolume Arena 4.1.x ..." .

Seriously now? You're new to Resolume and have gone in direct and "bought" Arena? Really now Cap'ain.

:#
Introducing ARC - The APC40 mkII Extender.
ARC brings you 640 clip triggers, 128 Faders, 128 Track pots, 80 Scene launch, 16 foot switches and more.
https://www.theapc40extender.co.uk

vj granda

Re: Noob here ...

Post by vj granda »

99'9% are cracked versions, IMO...

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

...and what about the possibility for beginners to use the free and fully working but water/audio-marked version?

When I started with Resolume some years ago...I used the demo for weeks checking out every feature and build my first Base composition. I first brought a licence close to my very first job which I wanted to solve with Resolume.

Soo... maybe there are only 75% cracked versions out there ;) still a pitty.

Greetings
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

As Cosmowe says, it is of course a possibility that people are using the demo to see if Resolume suits their needs. We try to help these people as best we can, even if they decide to not purchase it later on. We're crazy like that ;)

Having cracked versions is unfortunately always a side-effect of making a popular software. I think there are very, very few people that can honestly say they've never in their life used illegal software. Luckily the VJ community mostly consists of awesome people who pay for their tools when they start earning some money.

What really amazes me is how people that share cracked or illegal versions (whether it's software, films, music or whatever) are thanked and complimented for it by other people. I mean, all you did was make minor changes to something that someone else made, and you uploaded it. Where is the big achievement in that?

vj granda

Post by vj granda »

Totally agree with you Joris.

The thing that make me smile is newbies are asking very very basic questions (and not only here), but have Arena and want to do a mapping tomorrow...

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by pfelberg »

vj granda wrote:The thing that make me smile is newbies are asking very very basic questions (and not only here), but have Arena and want to do a mapping tomorrow...
Oh, this is the most regular thing ever. I´ve been asked, many times, during events, what software I was using to do that. Like, they will just need the software and press the "DO" button.

It is very easy to find an unregistered crack user. Cracks are never updated to the latest version. So, someone new and asking questions about 4.1.3, there´s a 99,9% chance that´s a cracked version.

Paulo

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

so in the future we all will anwser such question with "just update to the latest version" ?!

would be a nice thing...

i mean i also dont earn much money with resolume so far but i still bought it...
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

theLABVisuals

Post by theLABVisuals »

All very valid points :) You cannot say though I didn't warn you about the rant. I've seen trial releases though in use at paid gigs. I guess we'll never know if they then wen't on to purchase the license ...
The update to the latest version line works however :) and works well .
Introducing ARC - The APC40 mkII Extender.
ARC brings you 640 clip triggers, 128 Faders, 128 Track pots, 80 Scene launch, 16 foot switches and more.
https://www.theapc40extender.co.uk