alternating clips sync with bpm

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Thelooca
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

alternating clips sync with bpm

Post by Thelooca »

Hi,

how would you guys approach this: i need 2 clips on the same layer to alternate on the beat? I did it by tapping on a midi device now but sync with bpm would be easier for me.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: alternating clips sync with bpm

Post by He2neg »

Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Thelooca

Post by Thelooca »

thx for the reply but i haven't really found the info i need. (or i'm readin over it for some reason...)

i should explain my question a bit more:

i have 2 clips on the same layer, each with effects that are synced with the bpm.

During a certain part of the show i want to activate the first clip on the 1st beat, then activate the second clip on the 5th beat, again first clip on 9th beat, second clip on 13th beat, ... and so on. Later in the show: first clip on first beat, second clip on 2nd beat, first clip on 3thd beat, second clip on 4th beat, ... and so on.

If i can automate the first part then i think i could just press the button to multiply or divide the bpm to achieve the second part.

I did it now with a midi device just pushing on the beat to activat the 2 clips but would like to activate this behaviour with 1 button.

thedawjones

Post by thedawjones »

Have you tried using autopilot?

Thelooca

Post by Thelooca »

tried the autopilot and works good if the clip is set to bpm instead of timeline but then the clip is playing to fast. I want to play the previous clip on the second beat regardless of the position of the second clip... aka keep the clips on timeline.
Am i missing something obvious here?

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

Thelooca wrote:tried the autopilot and works good if the clip is set to bpm instead of timeline but then the clip is playing to fast. I want to play the previous clip on the second beat regardless of the position of the second clip... aka keep the clips on timeline.
Am i missing something obvious here?
You could crop the playback length on the bpm sync to make it go slower. Or a better way and the way i've done it is take the two clips, edit them together so that the new clip falls on the bpm grid. One video file bpm synced

thedawjones

Post by thedawjones »

You could create midi clips playing alongside your audio if you are using a daw for performance.
This enables you to interchange videos regardless of length and maintain the same timing.

Thelooca

Post by Thelooca »

thx for the suggestions! Will try duration and/or vézer, a combination of your answers :)