Projecting on a round screen

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
meiuqer
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Projecting on a round screen

Post by meiuqer »

Hi, i have a gig coming up and they asked me if i could project on a round screen. I said i could do this cause their should not be any problem. My strategy would be just to make a mask that only shows a circle and then aim the beam and the circular screen.

Are there any issues i'm overlooking? There wont be any need to map the output of resolume right ?

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Projecting on a round screen

Post by Oaktown »

I'm assuming you are talking about creating a round mask in photoshop with transparency and use it on the top layer of your composition, right?

You can also create a crop layer in [Advanced Output], select [Bezier] under [Point Mode] of the [Edit Points] in the output transformation and right click on the [Crop] and select [Make Circle]

Also, as an alternative to having a crop, you could use the same feature on any give slice but that'll compress your input selection into a circle and give the illusion of a half sphere. To do that, in [Advanced output], you'd select [Bezier] under [Point Mode] of the [Edit Points] in the output transformation and right click on the [Slice] and select [Make Circle]. Then you can scale it up or down holding the shift key in [Transform] to keep it round or turn it into an ellipse in either direction.

I'm attaching two screenshots to show the different results between the round slice and round crop.
Round Slice.png
Round Crop.png

Happy circles,
Frédéric

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by DayVeeJay »

The Vignette effect could be very useful as a mask. Also picture a second vignette bouncing to the beat :D

adam
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by adam »

Hi Iv made a circle both as a mask and a slice in advanced output and saved it but it still won't show on my output monitor. What am I missing?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Can you share some shots of how you have your advanced output set up?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu