Disable screensaver/sleep

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Disable screensaver/sleep

Post by DayVeeJay »

I never thought this would be an issue but I did an install last night where I want to maintain remote access to the PC. It would be nice to disable hibernate/sleep and screensavers while Resolume is running. It'll save my LCD and a service call in the future :) I'm sure we've all forgotten to disable these features at some point.

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Disable screensaver/sleep

Post by Basic »

I haven't worked on PC in a while but there are options for these. Its something like power options perhaps. You'll have to have a dig around in the control panel.

I remember the option to do this and you'd also be able to close the lid as well :) Good luck.
Resolume Avenue 3.3.3 - MBP i7, 8gb RAM - Snow Leopard (2010). Akai APC20

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

control panel > Harware and Sound > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

I think DayVeeJay ment, that if you start resolume it should disable the screen saver while running and then re enable on exit.

I for myself, start every setup on my work machines disabling power and scren savers.
Lcds are not easily burnt in as crts were and oleds will be.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by DayVeeJay »

I'm leasing a PC to a club right now. I need to get into it for support but I dont want to burn out the LCD. The power saving features are already disabled. Ravensc hit the nail on the head.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

We actually tried to implement this a while back. Our 'quick fix' approach was to simulate a 1px mouse move, to fool the computer into thinking the mouse was actually being used.

The problem was that we ended up having to do that at very short intervals, because screen savers can kick in after a minute. This caused all sorts of glitches with mouse movements.

We need to look at this a lot better and longer to do it properly. And unfortunately, that means we have a lot of higher priority problems to tackle first.