multi screen question

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
VjLuper
Is taking Resolume on a second date

multi screen question

Post by VjLuper »

I have two projector, one over a screen and the other (with a mask) on some objects, some squares.
I have some clips to project on the squares (and I want to use effects as well) and my usual VJing on the screen..

--->So I have 2 Screens in advanced output.
The first is on the objects, only one slice and as source "Layer1"
The second also have only one slice and the source is "Composition"

In this setting I need to add one black layer (over "Layer 1" with a solid black color), in order to have only "Layer 2" and "Layer 3" projected on the screen. If I don't do this, in the screen I have all the layers, including the masked one ("Layer 1")

So my question is: when using more then one screen, if I want to have at least one output made as combination of more levels, I must add as many BLACK LAYERS as different screen I have? Or there is a better solution?
Esempio.png

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: multi screen question

Post by Joris »

Quickest way to do this, is to set Layer 1 to crossfader channel A, and the crossfader itself to B.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Another way would be to double up your composition in width and use the right side for projector 1 and the left side for projector 2 with all the mapping. Then you can assign all the screen & slices in [Advanced output].

So for instance if you're working in XGA (1024x768) you would create a composition that 2048x768 and offset the [Position X] on the layers that go to projector 1 by -512 and +512 for the layers that go to projector 2. By shifting the [Position X] rather than [Anchor X], you are moving the center of your image to the center of your screens so that if you use [Rotate Y] each image would rotate would rotate in the middle of the screens.

VjLuper

Post by VjLuper »

yep, "double up your composition" was the first solution, but can give performance problem...

crossfader is cool idea, thanks!

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

I run compositions up to 3840 x 2160 (4K) with no performance problems so you shouldn't have performance problems running a 2048 x 768 composition. What kind of computer are you using? Are you using the DXV codec?

VjLuper

Post by VjLuper »

yep that was just an example, I'm having problem with 6 projector (6144x768) and I know it's because of old computer :D
BTW I'll add a graphic card soon, so I'll manage each triplehead with a different graphic card, I think this will improve the fps

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

If you have the funds, the Datapath X4 is also a great option with a lot more flexibility than the Matrox.