Mapping display issue

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
grizzly
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Mapping display issue

Post by grizzly »

Hi,

I've installed the demo version of Arena and started to make tests. Everything seems ok except for the mapping display. I can only see the mapping preview in the advanced output window but the chosen monitor only displays the composition before mapping, not the sliced one...

I've read the manual but I have no clue....

Thanks in advance,

Olivier.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Mapping display issue

Post by Oaktown »

Did you assign the monitor to the screen with all the slices you're referring to?

grizzly

Post by grizzly »

Yes I did...

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by pfelberg »

Just a reminder: the monitor output window built in Arena´s interface do not display content as affected by slices and mapping. Only the real output monitor or projector will.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Can you send a couple screenshots of your output setup?

grizzly

Post by grizzly »

pfelberg wrote:Just a reminder: the monitor output window built in Arena´s interface do not display content as affected by slices and mapping. Only the real output monitor or projector will.
I've made my tests through the MacBook Pro's MiniDisplayPort to HDMI that I normally use for double display, so it kind of makes sense that I'm not getting anything else than my usual double display. What kind of output am I supposed to setup then ?....

Sorry for this, I'm a total newbie !..... :oops:

Thanks,

Olivier.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Could you describe in exact steps how you are setting up your secondary output in Resolume? I have a sneaking suspicion you might be selecting Fullscreen > Display 2 after you have already set up the output via Advanced.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

I've made my tests through the MacBook Pro's MiniDisplayPort to HDMI that I normally use for double display, so it kind of makes sense that I'm not getting anything else than my usual double display. What kind of output am I supposed to setup then ?....
I use the MiniDP ports on MBP all the time for mapping so I think Joris has a good hunch. You need to have Advanced Output selected for your slices to be on. If you save and close and select your display all you'll be seeing is a full screen (or a window depending on what you select).

grizzly

Post by grizzly »

Thanks a lot for your replies, but I still cannot make it work. Only the advanced output is selected but the second display remains black... I don't get it....

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Wait, is the second output black or does it show the composition?

Can you please describe in exact steps how you are setting up your secondary output and where it is going wrong? It's very hard to help you if we don't fully understand the problem or what you're doing.